Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder

loreal true match powder
Yesterday, I wrote a review on the L'oreal Super Blendable Liquid Foundation, today's it's the POWDER version in the same range. This is a pressed powder that comes in a plastic compact container, you can see the colour of the product right away in the packaging, underneath is a little compartment with a mirror and a sponge.

loreal true match powder w2
I have this in the shade, W2, Light Ivory, the matching colour to the liquid version. I find it works well as a setting powder over the liquid foundation. I do not really use powder foundations on their own because my skin is quite dry and powders exacerbate my dry areas. I think this is a nice powder, it has a silky, light feel. It goes on smooth, blends well and the colour section is really good. Just like with the liquid foundation version, the colour selection is quite varied, it comes in warm, cool and neutral tones.This powder is really finely milled too, has a silky feel on your skin.

loreal true match powder light ivory
In terms of application, you can control how much coverage you get with this powder depending on how you use it. I find it works best applied with a kabuki or flat top brush. I especially like the Ecotools Bronzer brush to really buff this in. This can look cakey if you apply too much, but I primarily use this as a setting powder and apply it lightly over liquid foundation so I don't have this problem. I think this powder works really well in conjunction with the L'oreal True Match liquid foundation. I think it would be great as a touch up powder for those with oily skin too, as it works great for controlling oil in the T-zone.

The only bad thing that I have to say about this product is that it does oxidize on me, so if you are going to pick this up, I would suggest getting a shade lighter if that is something that concerns you. And the price is similar to the liquid foundation, about $17 CAD. I think for those girls who can't use something like MAC's MSFN because it breaks them out (ie me) this is a good option. In my opinion, in terms of the coverage that you get, I think this is the best drugstore powder.

Have you tried this powder? What is your favourite drugstore powder?

13 comments:

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this powder in C3 and I really like it! :) Great review Justine! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

nice review, I will try it

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

love this powder! i have it in N2 and use it nearly every day :)

Yuki said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review ^^ I've been wanting to try this powder for a while.

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

great review ,, thx allot =)

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review! I'm still using NYC pressed powder which I got on sale for $1.49 :D As much as I'd like to try this, maybe I'll pass since it seems so pricey :S

Steph

alicesmother said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried it, and the brands I use are just sold in Spain, so... but after reading such a good review I will give it a try. Kisses

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

@Steph you can search online to find a better price, Ebay maybe? :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

This powder is actually con starch based, which means it feeds acne causing bacteria, something to tell those who have trouble with foundations breaking them out.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - Thanks. You are the resident ingredients expert here... any opinions on the Loreal Bare Naturale foundation? it has bismuth oxycloride.. I heard that causes bad reactions with people too.

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

LOOOL, it's funny because I JUST got this product today. $9.99 at Shoppers! ^^

I hope it works on me and I pray that it won't oxidize because I got W3 which I think is an exact match for me....& I can't return it either cause I opened it and swatched it and alll =(

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lisa - nice! Some people return makeup after they've opened them, because they don't work for them. I personally don't cause I don't want to have to haggle with cashiers and it's my own fault for buying it in the first place.

Savannah said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review!

This is for you(:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MsLxc_ftDmQ/TE4Fda6qg3I/AAAAAAAAAQw/CzVJCkafMC0/s1600/versatile_bloggeraward.jpg

XX
Savannah