Sunday, July 18, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

the body shop vitamin c daily moisturizer
I have just about everything in the Vitamin C line from The Body Shop. I love the cirtusy, orange smell and how it feels refreshing and light on your skin. However, recently they reformulated this line completely and did not include a facial moisturizer! omg! I was really saddened to see this because this is definitely one of my favourite products from The Body Shop and why would they pull the moisturizer, it's one of the basic items in the line? Everyone needs a moisturizer. Edit: Now that I look at The Body Shop website, they did include a new moisturizer, with a higher SPF too, now 20, so maybe my store just did not have it, in any case, the sales girl didn't think they included one. So.. sign of relief there.

the body shop daily moisturizer spf 15
the body shop daily moisturizer spf 15
the body shop daily moisturizer spf 15
This moisturizer is really nice, it has a light texture, non-greasy and has an SPF 15, which is great for everyday. The ingredients include Glycerin, Orange oil, Panthenol, and Vitamin C. I feel like the moisturization lasts all day too and it makes for a nice base for your makeup. The scent is really what gets me though, I love it, but it does dissipate throughout the day, so you won't sell like an orange all day long. The package is quite small, it's a 50m (l.69oz) bottle. It comes with a fliptop lid, so you can squeeze out as much as you need (see pic above). The texture of the product is white and creamy (pic above), but it absorbs nicely. The formulation is like between a lotion and a cream. It's especially nice in the mornings because the scent kind of wakes up and re-energizes you.

I did some research and found out that Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant that aids in fighting the signs of aging, and adds radiance to your skin. However, the Vitamin C content in this moisturizer is less than 1% and apparently for a product to work effectively it needs at least 10%. I spoke to a salesgirl at The Body Shop today, while I was looking at the new reformulated Vitamin C line and she told me that the new line uses natural camu camu, which "is a small red berry famous for being the fruit with the highest natural content of Vitamin C" (The Body Shop website). So maybe now the content will be higher? 

If can you still get this moisturizer, I definitely would recommend it. It can still be found at some Body Shop's in their clearance bins. I originally bought this years ago for regular price, which is about $20, and recently got two at like $6, and it has been reduced even further. I am going to scour The Body Shop's around me and see if they have any of these because I don't want to let it go yet.

Have you tried any of The Body Shop's Vitamin C line?

8 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

If I didn't already use Obagi C line, I would highly consider this as my new moisturizer. It looks fabulous. :)

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I guess you'll have to check the ingredient list of the new version to find the content! I'd love to check that out!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - the newer one lists sesame oil and vitamin c as the main ingredients. I haven't looked into it in all that much detail.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said... Best Blogger Tips

I was going to pick this one up to use with the $5 coupon this weekend, but when I rubbed it on my hand, I coudn't stand the smell. Sad :(

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

i love the body shop

i tried the body shop vitamin C cleanser .. it was good and refreshing ,,

thx for the review

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard suuch good things about their vitamin C line! I definitely want to try this, I'm going to look next time I'm at the mall :) x

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried Vit C line but I love the Tea Tree Oil line.

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the body shop. They always have the best of products :)