Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The rest is still unwritten...

Yes, I watch trashy reality tv, and a lot of it too. I watched Laguna Beach, The Hills and The City. The Hills ended last night, and left me with a pit wondering if there will be a spin-off or if we will never hear about some of these "characters" again, some of which we may not want to hear from again, ie Spencer and Heidi. To me, there is something interesting about watching a "reality" show of everyday happenings of rich, spoiled, superficial girls in California. I'd love to live on the beach, shop all day, have pool parties, travel the world, and ponder all day about relationships and gossip about people. Maybe the show ended because the cast grew up and expected more money per episode?

Basically a run down of what happened during the finale in case you didn't see it...
- Kristen decides to move on with her life and tells Brody and everyone that she is moving to Europe, out of nowhere. Brody asks her not to go and that he will miss her, but it is too little too late for her. Kristen left because she was tired of Brody stringing her along and when she found out that he had a gf and that they weren't going to be together, she fled.
- Lo moves in with her boyfriend, Scott, despite her rule of having to be engaged before she moves in with someone. She tells her friends that she wants babies.When did this Scott person come into the plot? I don't even remember him before this episode??!
- Audrina buys a house on the beach, wanting to "find herself".
- Stephanie and her bf, Josh officially become a couple.
- Spencer and Heidi did not make an appearance and were not present at the After Show either. So it leaves everyone questioning if their divorce is real or not.

Did you guys notice the backdrop after Brody and Kristen say goodbye at the end? He was on a soundstage, so this whole thing was staged and fake? You can watch the ending scene here. hmm.... wouldn't surprise me in the least, all this stuff is scripted or else it would be horribly boring. Or maybe it was just to joke about how everyone questions if this show is real or not. I think it's hilarious how they somehow got Frankie from the Deftones on The Hills too, that just killed his street cred. Even during the After Show, Brody said that maybe him and Kristen were just friends the whole time?... Ya fake!

My favourite in all this was definitely Lauren, she started all of this, and now she is a best-selling author, has a fashion line, and is the spokesperson for Mark cosmetics. I think Adrianna is probably the prettiest, but portrayed often times as very indecisive and lost.The show definitely seemed really lame to me with the Spencer and Heidi plot lines, their messed up marriage, her plastic surgery, I guess you can't "not watch" but it was pretty ridiculous.


Did you watch The Hills? Who was your favourite character?

13 comments:

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

So that''s why there was a hills party at the roosevelt! It's on my way home and was so annoying to walk through.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - THAT is sooo cool, I am on the other side of the country :( Must be so weird to be living in the same city as this tapes. Makes it feel more "real" I guess. Have you ever seen any of the cast around town?

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah it's totally weird. I saw Orlando Bloom last time I passed the roosevelt, and her goes to the same nichiren buddhism meetings I go to, lol. I don't really watch the show so I wouldn't recognize them, so I'm not sure if I have seen them. I did see Gwen Stefani and her husband Gavin Rossdale at starbucks though, I think that's pretty sweet. I've seen many more, but you probably don't care lol.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Sure I care, that's awesome. Living in Canada, where celebrities are less prominent and a big deal you know, it's really neat to hear what other people see everyday. Love Gavin! and Orlando Bloom wow!

Is stuff expensive out there? I mean, I bet if you live by the water it would be super expensive. Does the weather get really really hot?

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

It's super hot right now! Living is pretty pricey, but things like rent are cheaper than when I lived in boston. Sales tax is ridiculous and income tax is retarded. I could go on about how our income tax makes no sense, but that would prob be boring. Maybe I should put that into blog posts if I see anyone the day I post it.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Ya and take pictures!!! lol
How much is your sales tax? ours in ontario is 13%

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok so here's my question..what is real on the show? Is the Speidi thing all fake too or they really got married and now divorcing?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Kristie - I think they were actually married... I don't know what to believe though. LOL her boobs and nose and butt is all fake though! :)

ShoppingGuru said... Best Blogger Tips

By Adrianna do you mean Audrina? LOL

ShoppingGuru said... Best Blogger Tips

I kind of find lauren annoying. But honest because she said I only did the show to get famous etc and now that I have a clothing line/ book i want to leave. I kind of find that annoying. Basically in hollywood you can get famous for having no talent. I highly doubt lauren knows how to write a PROPER best selling novel. Ridiculous lol but stlil think shes awesome . LOL

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ShoppingGuru - thanks, corrected!
ya, I have no interest in her "novels" they are more for young girls.

Laura Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

I heard it was fake for the most part, but certain things weren't staged. This last season was totally scripted though. The fight with StephPratt and Kristen in the beginning of the season was fake. Kristen dating Brody on the show was fake. Kristens been dating a camera man and said, "I would never air my real love life on tv" I still loved to watch it though. I love junk tv :)


On a real note the city: not staged! Whitney said she would never act on camera, she's not afraid to share her real life.

Lokum Hanim said... Best Blogger Tips

When i saw the last scene, i was in shocked!! what was it all things are fake!! no way! But then i read in somewhere as Laura said, just last season was totally fake!!