Friday, July 9, 2010

OPI Hong Kong Collection Spring 2010 Revisited

opi hong kong collection
OPI's Hong Kong collection was a really fun and colourful collection. I really enjoyed the polishes in this collection a lot. They were very solid and vibrant. Out of the usual 12, I picked up 5, all the ones I choose were cremes, they all applied great, no issues at all. I keep thinking of others that I want to get. This collection really made me realize that I love blue and green polishes all of sudden.

Hits: Lucky Lucky Lavender, Jade Is The New Black, Suzy Says Feng Shui, Hot & Spicy.
Misses: Pearl of Wisdom, Chopsticking To My Story.

opi hong kong bottles


opi lucky lucky lavender
Lucky Lucky Lavender is a beautiful pale pink with cool lilac undertones. This is a bit pinker and deeper than OPI Panda-monium Pink. This one needs a couple of coats to get it opaque, 2 thick coats would be okay. I got compliments on this one every time I wear it, it's that nice. 

opi dim sum plum
Dim Sum Plum is a purpley pink creme. It is a one coat wonder, the swatch above is with one coat only! This one is quite dupeable with other OPI shades in the permanent line, but this one is really nice.

opi hot and spicy
Hot & Spicy is an orange, coral creme, I didn't like this one at first, but it really grew on me and is totally unique from anything else that I have, and very appropriate for the Hong Kong collection. This is two coats.

opi jade is the new black
Jade is The New Black, along with Suzy Says Feng Shui are total must-haves from this collection. JITB is a jewel toned green, very unique and cool. This is two coats as well. One of my favourite polishes ever in my collection and it was hugely popular.

opi suzy says feng shui
Suzy Says Feng Shui is a medium, bright, but has that dusty factor blue, this is two coats. I love this colour a lot.

Did you get anything from this collection?

14 comments:

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Lucky lucky lavender is a definitely must. I LOVE this color.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hot & Spicy :) Me Likey

http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com/

xXx

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Jade is the new bloack is very pretty. :)

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh! i like those... i just ordered four of them for myself (all of the ones you swatched, except hot& spicy)You should get a commission or something :D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Hot and Spicy, it's really looks good with a tan. :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - where did you order them from?

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous colors!

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I got them from spaboutique.ca
free shipping with the code FREE24

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - FREE Shipping to CANADA????????

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

yeah free! I have placed two orders now and gotten free shipping. normally it is $8.75. they are a Canadian based site. They have a lot of brands too (Essie, Zoya, China Glaze....)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - I was paying $18 shipping with transdesign, I will have to check this out. I've heard of the brand, but never ordered from them before. Thanks for letting me know! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - $12 for 1 OPI polish??!!! EEEkkk! I know it's free shipping, but with Transdesign I was getting them for $4.xx US and $2 shipping per bottle let's say. This is pretty much double that. :(

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I know it's a bit steep, but the way I figured, by the time I pay shipping, exchange rate and customs, I could end up paying just as much. Plus, it was a very rare splurge!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - I've always been afraid of customs too, but most etailers have always marked my stuff automatically as gift. I have one nail etailer on amazon that I buy from exclusively now, maybe I will make a blog post about it...but kinda don't want to cause I want commission from potential sales.. lol.