Saturday, July 17, 2010

OPI Russian Collection Revisted Fall/Winter 2007

opi russian collection
OPI's Russian Collection came out a while back, it was released in Fall and Winter 2007. The collection captured "a new moment in elegance and opulence, and was a mixture of luxury and refinement that transcends time."  There were several dark shades in this collection, which I liked a lot. However, I did find that the formulation on a lot of these was quite jelly and despite being really shiny and cool looking, it also made for difficult application that leaves a gloopy mess, so you gotta have patience with some of these, something that I do not always have.  There were 12 colours in this collection, as shown in the pic below, I picked up 6.

 opi russian collection chart

opi kreme de la kremlin
Kreme De La Kremlin is a neutral creamy rosewood colour. I think it's very classy and work appropriate. This applied well with 2 coats.

opi catherine the grape
Catherine The Grape is an interesting purple, it has purple and gold tiny shimmers and have almost an opalescent sheen to it. I think I have a really old bottle because mine doesn't seen to shake up very well, there is a like a white cast on the bottom of the bottle, and it looks a lot less purple than other swatches that I have seen online.

opi boris and natasha
Boris and Natasha is a great deep plum colour. This seems like one that could be easily duped however, but I like really like this one, probably my favourite one out of the entire collection.

opi st petersburgundy
St.Petersburgundy is a very jelly red shade. This is so runny, very hard to apply, and you do need multiple coats, I would say three. And you have to wait for each coat to dry before applying another, or else you get a gloopy mess. I really wanted to like this one, but it's a pain to apply. This is very similar to Malaga Wine too, but that one is a tad deeper red.

opi
Suzy Says Da! is reddened brown, OPI describes it as a dark chocolate colour, but I definitely see prominent red undertones in it. This one didn't really have application issues, two coats needed.

opi siberian nights
Siberian Nights is a really nice deep cool-toned purple that can look black in some lights if you put on three coats. This one is quite mysterious and unique colour. You can get away with 2 coats with this, but if you keep layering coats you will probably get it much darker than you want, it will look much darker than the bottle.

 Did you get any polishes from this collection?

4 comments:

Melly said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not too familiar with OPI, so this picture to me is never seen before. It's very beautiful :) Though I would almost say her lips are taking the attention from the nails.

Nevertheless, been thinking about buying OPI polishes, now I'll know to avoid these :) Thanks for posting :)

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

I got Catherine the Grape. These are very fitting for fall/winter.

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

Catherine the Grape is gorgeous IMO. I need a purple like that!
This is off-topic, but I saw in one of your ELF posts that you got the Studio concealer pencil in fair- do you like it? I haven't seen much as far as reviews online, so this would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Steph - hey, I got it, but haven't used it much, I will keep it in mind to do a review soon. Thanks!