Sunday, July 25, 2010

Review: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup Foundation

loreal true match super blendable liquid makeup foundation
I had a request from alvira to review this foundation, so here goes. I purchased the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Liquid Foundation ages ago. I think their colour selection is probably the best found in drugstores, you can easily find your match, as there are massive shades ranging from cool, warm and neutral undertones.

loreal true match super blendable w2 light ivory
I use W2, Light Ivory, which is the second lightest in the warm range. While shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart recently, the cosmetician was trying to convince me that I am a cool tone because I have pink in my skin, but, trying to always conceal the "redness" that I have in my face, I opt for warm shades, also when I tan I do find I have yellow tones to my skin, so W2 is the choice for me, in my opinion. The L'oreal website goes into detail about how to find the right match for your skin, first choose your undertone, if you have yellow in your skin, go for warm, if you have pink, go for cool, and neutral for in-between, then depending on the darkness of your skin you choose the corresponding number in the scale 1 for fair, up to 7 for deep. This foundation also comes in powder form, which I will review soon too.

L'oreal's website describes this foundation as: "True Match Super-Blendable Makeup precisely matches your skin’s tone and texture and coordinates perfectly with True Match Powder, Blush and Concealer. Formulated with Precise Match Technology so you can control coverage and fine-tune it. Ultra-pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers, so all you see is beautiful, radiant, flawless skin.... Formulated with Precise Match Technology to precisely calibrate color. Micro-fine optical pearls diffuse skin’s imperfections while moisturizing Glycerin, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E nourish your skin."

loreal true match super blendable foundation w2 light ivory
The consistency is a  runny liquid-creamy, it is easy to blend and stays put throughout the day. I have dry skin and I find it works well for that, it does leave a somewhat shiny finish, so I would steer away from using highlighters when you wear this, and for oily skin, it may not be a good choice. If you have very oily skin, do not use this, as it will slide all over your skin (similar to Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse). The coverage is light-medium, but definitely buildable, I can build it to give medium coverage, and with a setting powder over it (I use NYC) it looks really good. The coverage will vary depending on what brush you use to apply it, you can make it more sheer or build it up. This does not feel heavy at all, even though it does give decent coverage. Another thing I noticed is with this foundation, when you apply it (I use a flat top brush) you have to make sure that you focus on applying it in downward motions as it can make the little hairs on your face more noticeable.

loreal true match super blendable foundation
The packaging is standard for drugstore, 30ml, without a pump of course, in a glass bottle with a screw silver top. I know the UK version looks different and comes with a pump, I wonder why L'oreal decided to make the North American one without a pump. It has SPF 17, which is good. It is a more expensive drugstore foundation, I think I picked this up for about $17 CAD.

In my opinion, this is a great drugstore foundation. W2 is probably the coolest match for my skintone in a drugstore foundation and I like the coverage and look that this foundation gives.

Have you tried this? Did you like it?

17 comments:

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review!! I absolutely LOVE this foundation, my favorite drugstore foundation by far! :) And

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

Justine thanks a lot for this review actually I also have dry skin and I kind of like your reviews so it helps me in choosing any product and I am definitely going to buy it as it seems good and thanks for explaining warm, cool and neutral undertones because in my country no one explains this while purchasing a foundation so it is always so difficult to choose the right shade thanks again

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

thxx for the review
ive always wanted to try it out = )

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review hun!!I havent try this one yet!!But I'm definitely going too!Hugs

rebeca.cd said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't seen this foundation anywhere in Spain


http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

missbobloblaw said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this foundation! I use 'super pasty' aka W2 light ivory as well (its a perfect match when I'm tanned), and love how easy it blends! :)

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this foundation too and I have oily skin! Even with a primer it doesn't stay on very long (without primer : approximately 4 hours, with primer : 5-6 hours maximum) plus it makes me more oily! :( I really like the finish of this foundation, but my skin doesn't seem to like it! I'll try mixing some with Revlon Colorstay next time and see how it goes! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@missbob - ya for being pasty white pale. ;)

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh btw Justine I'm shade C3, so we're quite close! :) I'm just a liiittle bit darker than you, but still light!

drugstoreandbargainlover

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - W2 is the only shade that I have ever tried.. my bottle expires this year, so I've had it for a long long time... W3 would probably work too, the W2 is quite light on me.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

@Justine since this foundation doesn't work on me, I haven't tried any other shade! :( Oh so we're almost the shame! :) you're not that pasty then! lol

drugstoreandbargainlover

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - if you look at my varying shades of light foundation post, you'll see the true match is the whitest one that I have..I guess I just expect foundations to always be darker than this one.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

@Justine I think I have seen that post, but it's been a while and I don't remember! lol ! I'll check it out now (again) ! :) At first I had bought C1 (by mistake) and I looked like a ghost! loool

drugstoreandbargainlover

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review Justine. Sadly I can't use drugstore foundation since they all cause my skin to breakout.

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review! I've wanted to try this for a while!

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Teehee, thanks for the review. I'll probably get this in the future but right now, I'm pretty good with my BB cream ^^ I got the powder though so I hope it works.

& Shoppers Drug Mart is having a sale this week!! $9.99 for True Match products!!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Julia said... Best Blogger Tips

I just bought this on a suggestion from a subscriber as part of my foundation quest. I think I just read all of your foundation reviews, we are skin sisters! We have all the same problems. I got N1 in this and so far I quite like it. It held up well for about 6 hours, then fell apart. But that's better than all the others I've tried. I tell you though, I have better luck jean shopping than I do foundation shopping. When will companies learn that FAIR doesn't mean PINK