Thursday, July 22, 2010

NOTD: OPI Absolutely Alice

opi alice in wonderland
I was going to do one of those "OPI Revisited" entries for the OPI Alice in Wonderland Collection but, because I only got 2 of the polishes (it was a small collection), I will just do two NOTD's instead. And because...this baby is not coming off for a while, I want to keep this on for a couple of days. There were two glitters in this collection, I got them bought today. The Trade Secrets (where I get my nail polishes if I buy them in stores) near me were all out of both the glitters months and months back, but, the one in Toronto at the Eaton Centre (for those locals readers, listen up) had many of each one! I was in awe. I was in there a week ago and they only had the mini set, and I was ready to buy that, but then stopped and looked.. FULL SIZE ones...woohoo, mine mine mine! ;)

opi alice in wonderland absolutely alice

opi absolutely alice

opi absolutely alice
Glitters are kind of a novelty, you like looking at them cause they are so unique and pretty, but you may not wear them very often, but they are still gorgeous to have. Absolutely Alice is stunning, it's a clear base with blue and gold micro-glitters.

Applying it takes some work, my bottle was oddly very thick and so I picked up too much or too little on my brush, making for a messy application, but once you get it on.. you don't want to take it off cause it can be quite the pain, so I dealt with it. It takes 3 coats to get opacity, and still you can see some bald spots on my manicure, that's okay, I am not perfect. And you must use a topcoat with glitters, or else you get that grainy gritty texture. As everyone else says, pictures do not do this polish justice, it is stunning in real life. You can twirl the bottle and it just sparkles. I may re-do these pictures, I am not happy with them at all, sorry guys!

opi mad as a hatter and absolutely alice
Left: OPI Mad as a Hatter, Right: OPI Absolutely Alice

Do you have either one of these polishes? How did you find the application and the removal?

12 comments:

Salisha said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice colors!! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

wow! glitters! I love them. ^_^
I hope they are available here.

rebeca.cd said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this nail polishes!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

xoxo

Brianna said... Best Blogger Tips

I bought the set of the minis for this collection. I found the two glitter polishes to be kinda a pain to apply, but look great on. Taking them off was a pain too, I wonder if I put a base of plain polish first if it would help make it easier to remove these polishes.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

so many sparkles! LOVE!

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Glittery! I like OPI but yea glitter nail polish is the toughest to remove.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i bought these 2 colours the other day and when i tried to remove it, it was pretty hard but when applying it was smooth :) hope this helps 'xo

http://www.jennyoffduty.blogspot.com

beachbumbeauty13 said... Best Blogger Tips

SO... MUCH... SPARKLE!!! Cute!!

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine,

I just tagged you for the 8 question tag here:

http://themakeupdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/07/8-questions-tag-im-tagging-you.html

Have a lovely day!

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm actually looking for AA. I want to franken her. ;) The best way to get the polish off is with felt soaked in remover and then tinfoil wraps over them. slides right off after 5 min or so. :)

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

The blue looks great!
I soooo wanted to get mad as a hatter, but it was sold out everywhere. Living in a small town, nowhere sells OPI and the only options on ebay were $35 (no way would a sane person spend that!)

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

gorgeous colors! i want them both! hahaha but as with many glitters, i always found removal quite hard :( do let me know if you find an easy way!

alsoo, you have been awarded the "i heart your blog award"! Congrats! you totally deserve it <3 http://pinkboxmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog-award.html