Friday, August 27, 2010

Revlon Matte Lipsticks in Sky Pink and Stormy Pink

Recently while shopping at Walmart I noticed a brand new Revlon display for the Revlon Suede Rhapsody Fall/Winter collection. It was full of new matte lipsticks, matte nail polishes and eye products. I love the Revlon matte lipsticks so I was super excited about this. They had several lipsticks to choose from, but I picked out only two for now. I was with my bf and he makes snarky comments about me buying "more" makeup so I only got a few.



Like all Revlon matte lipsticks you have to be careful and either apply a lipbalm underneath and/or make sure your lips are hydrated because they can bring out the dryness of your lips. But I do like the matte finish because it means no shimmer or shine of any kind. These retail for about about $7 CAD at Walmart, this is the only place I've seen them so far. And I am surprised that no one else has talked about these yet. They are part of a Fall 2010 collection, not sure what the collection name is, if anyone knows please let me know!

revlon sky pink
The colours that I got were Sky Pink and Stormy Pink. Sky Pink is like a light pink with sort of peach undertones. It's a really beautiful colour. This could easily replace your baby pink or nude that you like wearing.

revlon stormy pink
Stormy Pink is a purple pink, looks more purple than the picture above, more mauve undertones in person. I like this one too. It's a lot more dramatic than Sky Pink, which is more for everyday wear.

Have you seen these new Relvon matte lipsticks in stores yet?

18 comments:

Emmy♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Ohhh I love them both! So pretty on you, hope they do them in the UK soon x

Isabella said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, soooo pretty! Both shades look so nice! I can't wait to run out and get the Sky Pink shade. :D

Lotus said... Best Blogger Tips

Ohhhh those are gorgeous!! Thanks for this post...I will check out my local walmart...I purchased revlon lippies for the first time when Listentolena posted about the Rexall sale and I love them! Great blog by the way:)

nicoletta said... Best Blogger Tips

Sky pink looks amazing thats another product on my wishlist x

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

omg I haven't seen these colors!!! I really hope we get them in the US!

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like Sky Pink! I used to have more Revlon Mattes in my collection but gave most of them away because of the dryness. =( Scared to buy it because it'll most likely be too dry for me.

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

oh wow! both of these look amazing on youu! now you're making me want to go out to walmart right now and buy them! haha but since i have dry lips, im always a bit shaky on buying matte lippies.. how are these with a lipbalm underneath? do you think they'll still be pretty drying? thanks :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ xAgnes - those pics are with nothing on, so you can tell the dryness a bit... I would suggest wearing a lipbalm underneath for sure, they aren't moisturizing at all, since they are matte.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG !!! i like !!! i have to check it out !

Isabel said... Best Blogger Tips

So pretttyyyy <3 I like the look of Sky Pink!

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

wow love the new colors ,, must get them =D

Annie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ahh I'm so excited! I was hoping they would come out with more colours in their matte line!

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like the Sky Pink colour!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

did you see the one in peach? i was tempted to get that one but i wasnt sure about it.
very nice swatches! thanks for sharing

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful colors Justine!! :) Thanks for the swatches! ;) And about the bf that tells you that you buy too much makeup, just remind him how much his gadgets cost (I'm sure he likes video games, iphone and stuff like that) lol! ;) there's no need to feel bad! :)

Lea said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm crazy about pale pinks and I have my super duper handy Sky Pink for added drama. LOL! I love it specially with darkened brows. It gives u that pale/tan look that's just sooo summery...

mestizay said... Best Blogger Tips

I saw these weeks ago! I tried the swatches and i like the sky pink more!;p thanks for sharing.I saw these weeks ago! I tried the swatches and i like the sky pink more!;p thanks for sharing.

Athena said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are all beautiful colors...I <3 pinks!