Saturday, July 31, 2010

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Passion

revlon just bitten lipstain and balm
This is the lipstain that I wanted to try most of all. The Maybelline ones sort of disappointed me. The only shade that I was interested in was "Passion" in this line, it's a bright pink colour. The ad above, which I found in a magazine, shows 10 different colours, I only saw 4-5 at the drugstore however, and Passion is the lightest one. I really, really wish they would of made a pale pink colour drugstore lipstain, if anyone knows of a good higher-end one or drugstore dupe, please let me know. Having pigmented lips, I am not crazy about them standing out more, and all lipstains are pretty vibrant and dramatic in my opinion. Anyway, this was on sale at Rexall/Pharma Plus (in Canada) for $9.99, regularly $12.99 at Walmart, still expensive for drugstore, but whatever, "had to" have it.
So, onto the review... Revlon's take on lipstain stands out to me because right away you notice it's double-ended, one end the stain, and the other a balm (as you can tell in the pic above). The balm is like a chapstick type thingy, although it doesn't wind up at all, so you get what you see, it is however really nice and moisturizing. You apply the stain and then the balm over it. I like how the colour of the stain does not rub off onto the balm, which I was expecting it to. Make sure that the stain has dried on your lips before you apply the balm. Maybe it was because my lips are really dry but, the balm made my lips tingle, in a not so nice way, so be warned off that.

Passion is a hot pink colour, but it doesn't really translate that way on my lips, more of a light red, which I dislike. I really wish it would come out like on Jessica Biel in the picture above. Maybe I need a lip erase before putting these products on. It is quite close to the colour on the tube, which I appreciate because that was not the case with the Maybelline lipstain. I love how it looks swatched on my hand, but on my lips not so much, I have to remember to apply just a tiny bit to get the pink look. I think with a light pink gloss over it, it would look great.

In terms of application, I feel like not as much colour comes out when you apply this to your lips, compared to the Maybelline one, which applies the colour right away. With the Revlon lipstain, I feel like you have to go over areas over and over to get the colour opaque. I have to also hold the marker sideways to apply it, applying it with the tip end would be too time consuming and tedious.

Just tip, store your lipstains in a cup standing down, that way any fluid runs down to the marker end, ensuring that your lipstains do not dry out prematurely.

Have you tried this lipstain?

11 comments:

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

Have you tried any brown lipsticks and lipcolors? I would love to see a review on them

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I wanted this color to be that bright pink that was on Jessica Biel so badly! I actually saw Jessica a month or 2 ago on the blvd. I probably won't be getting this if it isn't really that color.

Nami said... Best Blogger Tips

It is in pen form! XDD I think there are similar ones in other brands and are not convincing people. Sorry my bad English, I'm Spanish and I use a translator. You are invited to my blog!!

http://lasverdadesdeunespejo.blogspot.com/

Nunu said... Best Blogger Tips

Somehow, these lipsticks make me think of drawing on my lips with a felt tip pen xD
As for a light pink lipstain, have you ever looked into OCC liptars? I have it in "Hush" and it's described as a "ballerina pink" on the OCC website. Think MAC Hue in lipstain form.
Hope this helps!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PooeCollegeStudent - it's a good lipstain, but, I think I am not getting the right colour b/c my lips are quite pigmented already so it makes them look all weird...it's to bad. You saw Jessica Biel?! jealous! ;)

Beauty Style Addict said... Best Blogger Tips

hi hun
you've been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award

visit my blog to read
http://beautystyleaddict.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-look-another-award.html

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

aww its too bad this wasnt the same color as on Jessica! it looked soooooo pretttyy! but thank you for letting us know! i have more pigmented lips than i want and this would probably end up darker as well.. :(

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh very interesting, I was curious about these! xxx

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks so pigmented! I havent tried it but I really want to!!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review! :) Although it doesn't look the same way it looks on Jessica, I still think it looks pretty! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad someone enjoyed this product. I got bitten, all right- in the wallet. The pen applicator felt like I was applying it with sandpaper. Even though my lips were not dry or chapped the stain colored heavier on certain areas and looked like a bad make up job. I couldn't even remove it with the regular L'Oreal remover I use.