Friday, July 2, 2010

Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector

maybelline age rewing concealer
Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector is a two in one product, one end has a highlighter and the other has a concealer. It's always nice to get two products for the price of one and this product can be readily found in drugstores. However, I have read that Maybelline is reformulating or discontinuing their Age Rewind line, so now would be a good time to pick up backups of the products, or get them for really cheap, as I did recently.

I have this in the colour, Light. There aren't too many shades available so I just got the lightest one as I am quite fair. The product comes with two ends, and they are labeled conceal and highlight, so there is no confusion which is which. The concealer ends comes with like a lipgloss applicator. This end can be used for concealing spots on your face, blemishes or for undereye circles (which is what I would use it most for). The concealer is quite yellow based, so if you are very fair, I would not recommend this as it may be too dark.

maybelline age rewind concealer

maybelline age rewind concealer highlight end
The highlighter end has like a brush (like nail polish) applicator and the consistency is pretty thin and runny. I don't think I will be using this end very much as it was the concealer end that interested me in this product and I don't really use liquid highlighters. The back of the box says you can use this end for under your eyes to brighten. I have read people compare the highlight end to Benefit's Highbeam, I don't own that so I can't compare it. But I have included a picture below to show you how the colours of these two ends differ. I think as you go up in concealer shades, the highlight ends gets darker too slightly. This highlighter end is quite pinky and pearly.

maybelline age rewind concealer

The best part of this concealer is that it goes on really smooth, the consistency reminds of me of Maybelline's mineral power concealer which I used exclusively for the longest time and has comparable coverage too. It won't give you amazing coverage, but it's a great concealer is you looking for a lightweight, easy to apply, smooth concealer. If you want great coverage for under the eyes, I would recommend using a cream concealer, like MAC's Studio Finish or Benefit's erase paste. This product just melts into your skin when you apply it, no unnecessary dragging, which is nice cause that part of your face is delicate and you don't want to be pulling on it.

4 comments:

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review, this really helped me. I was pretty on the edge about whether I'd get this or not, but since I'd want it primarily for covering acne marks and blemishes, I think I'll pass. Thanks for the information!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ in her makeup bag - a good concealer for blemishes is the revlon blemish concealer, it has salicylic acid so it conceals and helps heal the acne too. Thanks for the comment!

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the review. :) its quite helpful.

pamgotcrazy said... Best Blogger Tips

I like your eyes..