Sunday, July 18, 2010

Review: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller

garnier anti-puff eye roller
This is one of those products that I would totally recommend AGAINST getting. It does nothing besides feeling nice, cooling and refreshing, temporarily when you apply it. This review gets right down to the point eh? I feel quite strongly about this product. I bought this ages ago, and it sits amongst the rest of my makeup mocking me.. haha you bought me, loser! You fell for my lies, sucker! Don't be a sucker, don't buy this gimmicky product.

I am not a fan of the packaging, it leaks and you have to keep it standing up (not travel friendly at all), so I put it with my makeup brushes. It didn't do anything for under-eye circles. In terms of application, I find that I had to hold the product upside down vertically to ensure that the product dispenses properly. I saw an advertisement on tv about it being Canada's best selling eye product or something, I bet the majority of those purchasers were disappointed.

garnier anti puff eye roller ball picture
This product is describes that it will "roll away under-eye puffiness and dark circles for brighter, more radiant eyes" (Garnier website). The idea behind the product is that the caffeine in the product is supposed to decongest, revive and tighten your under-eye area. The massaging roller idea is cute and I like that, but it just doesn't work, and it seems to tug at the skin too, which isn't cute. This is a type of product that a lot of people would buy, since it is appealing, but will be disappointed with unfortunately.

Also, if you do use this, you need to give it a chance, use it for a month or so to actually say if you saw results or not. I find that sleep, drinking lots of water, and/or cool tea bags on your eyes is your best bet to get rid of bags and puffiness under the eyes, and a good under-eye concealer, that is the route that I would go instead.

Have any of you used this product? Did you see results?

13 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the yellow (Brightening) one nd it doesn't really do anything.. for me anyway. I agree that it just feels nice and cool when using it.. but only when using it and but that's just about it. :(

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a sucker for a gimmick and I fell for this one as well. It's rubbish - doesn't do anything at all. Mine is currently sitting in the fridge with my lipsticks - I should just throw it out and be done with it.

I've never had any problems with it leaking, though.

cocoabee said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL omg i love the way you do reviews! & yeah i heard this didn't do anything =( pitty, there was so much hype before it actually came out! i have horrible dark, dark, dark, dead looking undereyes and i really hoped that this world work :'(

Vera said... Best Blogger Tips

well thank god you posted this! I almost bought this at CVS the other day because it was 50% off. I was thinking about going back to get it. It think I'll save my money :)

alicesmother said... Best Blogger Tips

thank you very much for such a good and funny review. I won't buy it, of course.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I was thinking of getting the tinted one! Has anybody tried that?

drugstoreandbargainlover

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - the concealer one? I would, but haven't located it around here at all.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah the one that's exactly like that, but colored! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Brianna said... Best Blogger Tips

I picked this up when I was back in the states for xmas as I was using my moms. I found it was refreshing, but like you said didn't really do much. I haven't really touched it since then. Mine hasnt leaked though and thats with an 11 hour flight to Tokyo!

I may try and use it everyday for a month just to see if it really works.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm starting to think all these eye products meant for getting rid of bags/dark circles etc are just a complete waste of money- i've never found one that works and you've gone and found another! :)
I think i'll just stick to conealing them!

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

Funny you just posted this- I saw this at Target today on clearance and probably would have picked it up had I not seen your review! Thanks :)

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

I came to the same conclusion. It's just not a great product. For under eyes, I have a Palmers dark under eye cream. Its really good.

I am also running a mineral makeup giveaway on my blog at the moment if you are interested in entering.
www.becsbeautybuzz.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Bec

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh glad you posted this, I totally fall for gimmicks and thought this looked so cool! xx