Sunday, July 11, 2010

OPI Espana Collection Fall/Winter 2009 Revisited

OPI Espana collection
OPI's Spain Collection was a nice one, the colours were said to be "colors of passion and full of drama". I've never been to Spain but, my little sister recently went and came back engaged. This was a fall collection, but surprisingly, and in a good way a lot of these colours were quite bright and colourful and full of lots of cremes. I picked up 5/12 of the shades, but that went down to 4/12 recently when my OPI Pamplona Purple suffered a death, I dropped it on the floor when I was doing my nail polish collection blog post and cracked, that was the end of it, it was sad because it was a nice colour and I have no swatches of it to remember it's beauty :(



OPI Espana Spain collection

Hits: Barefoot in Barcelona, No Spain, No Gain, Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow.
Misses: Conquistadorable Color,  and Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees.

Barefoot In Barcelona is really great warm nude with brown undertones. I could always use more nude, I liked this one a lot. Work appropriate, can work with many different skintones. The swatch is two coats.

OPI No Spain No Gain
No Spain, No Gain is a red based magenta purple, this is what I would call a berry colour, it can't decide if it wants to be red or purple, but it's definitely a lot of red. This one can be opaque in one coat, great formulation. I got this one, along with Barefoot In Barcelona for Christmas.

OPI Suzy Skis in the Pyreness
Suzy Skis In The Pyreness is a unique, mysterious dark blue, with blue particles that can look black in some lights. I feel like when OPI names polishes Suzi Says X it's a sign that they are running out of names and just add it in. Honestly haven't worn it once since I bought it, only now to swatch it for you girls. I am not really digging this colour at all.

OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries
Ate Berries In The Canaries is a really sweet bright purple and pink mix, a cool fuchsia perhaps. Colours like this make me happy.

Did you get any from this collection?

7 comments:

nmyoo said... Best Blogger Tips

hi! just wanted to say i'm loving your 'opi revisited' posts! i just found opi so they're very helpful

i got suzi skis and i really like it. it' s my go-to 'black' because it's smoky and not too harsh. 'here today...' and 'can you tapas this?' are both my faves too

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tanya - thanks! I like doing them, gives me a chance to try out polishes that I haven't worn in forever. I thought it was fitting to do this collection as of the Spain vs Netherlands game today!

makeupbykatie said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember this collection!(=
I'm still loving my barefoot in barcelona. My first nail polish that got me into the neutral colors!

Chelsea White said... Best Blogger Tips

omg i adore the color barefoot in barcelona is sooo beautiful!!

lots of love

http://makeupagirlsbestfriend.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I loove barefoot in barcelona, I think that might be my next OPI purchase :) x

enchi said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh!! I love the polish!!!

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

No Spain No Gain and Ate Berries In The Canaries are gorgeous colors!! :) Thank you so much for the swatches Justine!! ;)

drugstoreandbargainlover