Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Product Rave: Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes

kirkland costco cleansing wipes
Wet-cleansing wipes are an effective and quick way to remove your makeup at night. I regularly use makeup wipes and have used a variety of brands such as Olay, Neutrogena and Almay, however I have been using these for about 5 months and they are awesome and a fraction of the price of all the others, I can't remember the exact price but they weren't more than $20 CAD.

kirkland costco cleansing towelettes
Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Wipes can be bought at Costco, you get a giant box of 150 pre-moistened towelettes for really cheap and it should last you about 5 months if you use them everyday. In the giant pack you get: 4x 30 count packs (on left of pic above) with easy resealable flip top lids (so that they don't dry out), and 2x 15 count resealable travel packs (on right of pic above). The nice thing about getting different packs is you can use the travel ones for.. travel and keep the big ones for using at home. I find that with the full sized ones, you should lay it flat upside down so that any liquid saturates all the wipes inside, I feel like the ones at the bottom are usually the wettest.

costco kirkland wet wipes
These towelettes are quilted (on one side, and just smooth on the other) for deep cleansing and they contain chamomile, triple tea complex and Vitamin E. They have a fresh, clean fragrance, are oil-free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested. They are suitable for all skin types. It says on the package that they deep clean skin, thoroughly remove make-up, dirt and impurities, while leaving your skin refreshed, nourished and moisturized. No rinsing needed according to the box. They do not have a strange smell or anything.

The way I use these is at night, I sweep a wipe all over my face as my first step to take my makeup off. After that, I always wash my face with a cleanser or at least rinse with cold water. I don't like feeling like I have a film on my face and I like making sure everything is off before bed. Also, please note, I have read that these burn some people's eyes when they take their eye makeup off with these (and other moist wipes). I avoid my eye area when using these, I know it says they are ophthalmologist tested but, I have an eye makeup remover for my eyes, I do not use these, I want to avoid tugging the sensitive eye area as much as possible. These wipes are also good for spot cleaning your brushes. I would definitely recommend this product if you have access to Costco, I will repurchase these over and over again.

Have you used these?

4 comments:

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice review! it's too bad we don't have Costco here in Greece! :(

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm definitely going to try this sooner or later, I usually try to use organic wipes from Trader Joes but they get so expensive! Next time I'm broke and in between packs I'll be making a trip to costco for sure :) x

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - aww that sux! :(

@Ariel - definitely they are cheaaaaaap, I know some people buy the MAC ones, but they are so expensive and you just throw these out after using them anyway, so who cares right? I mean I wouldn't buy dollar store ones, they are actually good and smell fresh.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i used this too !!! i LOVE it ! it's so inexpensive for so many towelettes...$10. i havent been to costco lately, so i've been using balea's wipes. works the same but just same price for a lot less wipes.

i actually used the kirkland wipes for my entire face including removing eye makeup. it doesn't seem to burn though. i do the same thing...wipe off makeup and wash off with cleanser. after that my face fresh and makeupless.