Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Favourite Summer Perfumes

In the summer, I like wearing fragrances that are not too intense or over-powering, nothing too musky, spicy or strong. I prefer lighter, between flowery and fruity or citrusy scents. Scents definitely remind you of certain times of your life (or people) or memories that you hold dear and in the summer, I want smells that make me feel relaxed and fresh. Today, I will go over some of my favourites that I often reach for in the hot, humid summer months. My picks are not very original, I tend to buy the same perfumes everyone else does, so this list won't be a surprise to you at all. The descriptions of notes and stuff are off sites like basenotes, fragrantica, I have no idea how to describe scents, they smell like sweet..vanilla, musky to me. ;P

escada ocean lounge
Escada - Ocean Lounge
Notes: Top notes are litchi, plum, pear nectar accord and strawberry meringe accord; middle notes are violet petal sorbet aromas, mimose blossom and jasmine; base notes are amber, sheer vanilla and teak wood.
All Escada perfumes have a summer feel to me, once you have one, you have them all. They are very sweet and make me think of the beach. This one has recently made my month's favourites. This smells very young and fun.

marc jacobs daisy
Marc Jacobs Daisy
Notes: Top notes are violet leaf, strawberry and grapefruit; middle notes are jasmine, gardenia and violet; base notes are woodsy notes, musk and vanilla.
I like this year round, but it's nice for summer too. Just the name "Daisy" makes you think of fields of flowers and summer.This smells very grassy to me.

burberry brit
Burberry Brit
Notes: It opens with fresh notes of green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. The heart blooms with white peony. The drydown is very gourmand with vanilla, amber, mahogany and balsamic Tonka bean accords.
This smells like straight up vanilla to me. This is light and sweet, non-offensive. It does not last very long however, that's its downside.

miss dior cherie
Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie
Notes: The top notes are wild strawberry leaves and green tangerine. The heart features caramel pop corns surrounded by violets, wild strawberry and pink jasmine. The base is created of fresh patchouli leaves and crystalline musk.
Miss Dior Cherie has no season to me, it is perfect year round and could be my signature scent. It is very classic, addicting, long lasting and feminine.

juicy couture perfume
Juicy Couture Juicy Couture
Notes: A lush mix of watermelon, mandarin, passionfruit, apple, tuberose, caramel creme brulee with woods and patchouli.
The original Juicy Couture is really nice for summer. This is a very recognizable scent because it is so popular, so you generally smell like every other girl walking down the street when you wear this (so if you are into that).

Gwen Stefani LAMB
Gwen Stefani L by L.A.M.B.
Notes: Leafy water hyacinth, fresh pear, violet leaves, white freesia,'sparking green freshness'. Jasmine, rose, muguet, sweet pea, orange blossom. peach skin, frangipani, heliotrope, sensual musk.
This smells like summer in a bottle to me,  it stays on all day too.

stella mccartney peony in two
Stella Mccartney Peony in Two
Notes: Top notes are peony and rose; middle notes are and pepper; base notes are virginia cedar, patchouli and amber.
My aunt got this one year for Christmas and I had to track it down for myself, I bought it off amazon recently, and it's great. I love the smell of Peony, so this is a must-have for me.

What are your favourite summer perfumes?

10 comments:

Bintan Sholihat said... Best Blogger Tips

Marc Jacob is good.. but generally it's all good!! =)

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh, you have a really nice perfume collection. :) my sister said she would get me Viva La Juicy for my birthday, since I've been wanting it forever. I like the regular Juicy Couture one too, though.

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

I have eacada perfumes they are really nice

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I love miss cherie! every time I go into sephora I douse myself in it!

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

You have a great collection there doll!!I have to try miss dior cherry!!Thanks!!

Alina Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice picks girl! I am dying to get my hands on Escada Ocean Lounge. I have read nothing but great things about it :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I adore Cherie! I've always thought the popcorn note was unusual, but it smells amazing!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Viva la Juicy and Burberry Brit

http://makeupnonsense.blogspot.com

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I've wanted to try an Escada perfume for a while now, they have one similar to an Yves rocher perfume that I love.

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm lusting after Miss Dior Cherie!