Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Tipsy

Coral and orange tones are very spot on trend for Spring/Summer 2011. I've noticed a growing love for them in lipstick, lipgloss and blush form in many magazines and blogs. A great blush that suits this trend is Tarte's new Amazonian clay blush in the colour, Tipsy. I got a sample of this blush at Sephora a few weeks ago. I was actually looking for NARS Gina, which my Sephora did not have, and the girl recommended Tipsy as a good matte peach blush. She was raving about it, I just took the sample and went on my way, I am upset that Gina wasn't there (I purchased Gina online since then). I knew nothing about Tarte at the time, since then I have seen many youtube gurus rave about it all of a sudden, marketing in it's best I think. So I have pulled out my sample of this to show to you all here today.

A little background on these blushes from the Sephora website "Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by Tarte's best-selling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result? Blush that wears better, longer, and truer!" The blush is free of parabens, sulfates and synthetic fragrances. The clay used in it is meant to reduce dryness and flakiness, improves skin clarity, removes oil from the skin's surface. It's a gorgeous blush, packed full of goodness for your skin too, and did I mention it's supposed to last 12 hours?

This is a sample only, I don't have the full product, but I intend on buying it soon. I didn't know you could get samples of blush, but apparently you can. The Sephora girl shaved some off for me in a small container here. I got a lot, as you only need a bit for great colour payoff with this product. Mine is in loose powder form here, when you buy it in the compact it's pressed, so it won't be crumbly like my swatch here. It's a bright orangey coral, but more orange to me than coral, but once you swatch it, you see the coral come through. This is said to be an almost exact dupe for MAC's Ripe Peach, click out Bloomin' Beauty's swatches and review here. I don't own Ripe Peach, so this really excites me. Check out WillWorkForMakeup's review too, it looks great on her. 

The packaging is really nice too, it has a picture of the Amazon river embossed on it, which is cool. The compacts are close to the colour of the blush itself, so you don't have to look at the back to see what blush you're grabbing in your collection. It has a nice mirror on the inside, and the pan pops out easily, so you can depot it and put it in your MAC palette if you like. I highly recommend this blush. If you're looking for a more peach blush, try out Blissful, Tipsy is an intense peach coral.

Have you tried Tipsy? or any other Tarte Amazonian blushes?

16 comments:

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this shade, it's been on my wish list since I heard about it!

I'm surprised that you got a shaved sample - stores definitely don't do that for us in the UK!

Annie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Tarte cosmetics! I finally got a set from QVC with a new blush in it and it's one of my favorites!
I also appreciate that they're all natural and act as a skin care too.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Annie - I wonder if QVS ships to Canada, probably not right?I saw a nice set with Glisten blush in it.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the mention Justine! I love the Tarte Clay Blushes. For my oily skin and with the humid summer approaching, it will be so wonderful for my blush not to be melting off my face!

Thanks for the tip on Sephora stores giving blush shavings! I totally did not know they would do that! I am definitely going to be utilizing that in the future!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't tried these blushes, but am dying too after seeing all the great reviews lately! :)

Jenni said... Best Blogger Tips

when i saw sephora not having nars gina i thought its being DC-ed -.- but yeah i love GINA!!!! <3 how do you like that one?

tarte's new blushes have been on and off on my list too haha! oh and how do you like EL peach nuance :)?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jennifer - I've got a review of Gina around here somewhere, it's great. I ordered peach nuance just today, so it will be a bit before I get it.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Tipsy, and I really want to try the other shades as well. I think they released a really nice selection of colors and I love that the packaging matches the color of the blush too.

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh the blushes look reallllll nice. I love peachy orange blushes. I think they give you the most gorgeous glow. As for your question, google is your best friend! There are tonnes of reply button html codes out there :) Thanks for following! I love your blog, I've been a follower for awhile! xo

Cydonian said... Best Blogger Tips

This is really pretty! I may have to check these out in Sephora.

MaquiLab said... Best Blogger Tips

Perhaps I would pick another shade - this looks a bit unnatural to me :)

bittersweet delite said... Best Blogger Tips

I really want to try this blush in Tipsy...It is on my wishlist for spring!!

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

This is on my wishlist simply because of the 12-hour claim...I hate having to reapply make-up...so once I finish up one of my current blushes, I'm buying this.

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

By the way - QVC does ship to Canada (you were asking about it in a previous comment). I've ordered some Hello Kitty jewelry from the US site, and it showed up here, no problem :-)

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice!! They are really great! I need to get another one! I can't help it!

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

this will probably be my next purchase when i stop by sephora!