Monday, July 19, 2010

Initial Review: Sigma Makeup SS150

sigma makeup ss150
Here is my second part of my Sigma Makeup brush haul, this time reviewing the SS150 which I received along with the F80 in the mail today. I paid for both these brushes myself, so this is my honest and impartial review. For now, I am just looking at the design and appearance of the brushes, thus why I called this an "initial review". The SS150 is a large powder brush, it's much like a paddle brush, the bristles are in a paddle shape. It can be used for powder foundation, finishing powder, bronzer etc. I plan to use it for all these uses. I do have the MAC 150, so I can't do a thorough comparison, but I will compare it with other powder brushes that do the same job and look similar.

I pulled some powder brushes here that I felt were similar. The Ecotools Powder brush is a big one, this one has synthetic bristles and is a really nice brush, you can tell it is different than the SS150 as the bristles do not go to the sides the same way. The coastal scents paddle brush, which is disgusting by the way (it sheds, is rough and smells like sh!t), is the most similar one in my collection, it's got that paddle shape as the SS150, but it is slightly larger.

In terms of fullness the CS one is fuller, but it has fluffed out a lot from the constant washing I've done trying to get that stench out. I think the Sigma will become fuller as well. I have pulled some bristles out of the Sigma brush already just running my fingers through it. And it did smell more than the F80. Definitely wash your brushes before using them on your face, that's a no-brainer.

I think the SS150 is a good brush, judging by pictures on other blogs, the MAC 150 goes more inward and does not fray out as much. I think the SS150 will hold me over for now, and it seems perfectly good, after a thorough washing.

Do yo have the SS150? Do you like it?

5 comments:

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely LOVE this brush :3 I bought the Sigma 12 brush kit, and this is definitely one of my favs! It's really versatile and I can use it for powder, blush and even bronzer :D

Great review!

Steph

ndoodles said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice so far... I hope it works well and is soft and stuff. The CS one sounds disgusting!

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

i have the whole sigma set ,, and i love it
supper soft ,,
great for setting the makeup with powders ,,

and its really worth getting <3

thestartsteam said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the Ecotools powder brush! I use it with my setting powder and it works really nicely. This one looks really nice too. I might have to finally take the plunge and try some sigmas brushes for myself!

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this brush, and though I do really like it - especially for dusting face powder all over - it sheds a bit and I have to pick hairs off my face whenever I use it. I've found that with a few of the Sigma brushes I have.