Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: ELF Studio Blushes

ELF's studio blushes are really nice and cheap, they sell for $3 on the ELF website. I have five (9 available) of them here to show you and review. The websites describes these as "The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!" I think these are quite sheer and need to be built up, they aren't like one sweep compared to MAC and other high-end blushes. I like that because I don't like overdoing much, it can be a pain to remove when you've finished your makeup and have to redo everything. The packaging on these is the sleek back that is present on all studio line products, you get a small mirror inside too. These come with 2.75g.

click to enlarge
As you can tell all these blushes have a peachy or pink tone. Peachy keen is the dirtiest looking, the rest are pretty true to colour. I definitely wear Candid Coral the most because I love peach blushes. These would look good on anyone with fair-light skin in particular because they are not super pigmented, you do have to sweep a few times to get adequate colour payoff. They do give a glow which I like a lot.

Peachy Keen is like a dirty peach, almost has brown undertones. This has noticeable gold shimmer as well, however, it does not look like shimmer on the skin, more of a glow, in a good way. This is smooth and not chalky.

Candid Coral is my favourite ELF blush, it's a peachy pink colour with golden shimmers, that adds glow to the face. I think this one would look flattering on anyone. It's the perfect colour. This one isn't chalky at all.

Tickled Pink is classic pink blush, looks very natural applied. I think this is a good starter blush from ELF. It applies smooth, not chalky and is pretty on the cheeks. It does not have the golden glow that Peachy Keen and Candid Coral has.

Pink Passion is a matte, bright, almost neon bubblegum pink. This is where the chalkiness starts, this one is not as smooth as the three above, it can be prone to fallout (as you can tell in the top of the picture) and is harder to blend. I don't own MAC's Pink Swoon, but the colour looks similar. This looks super crazy in the pan, but on, it just shows up as bright pink, I like it.

Fuchsia Fusion is a very shimmery/glittery pink, a bit darker than Pink Passion and more of a purple tone. This is one of ELF's newer blushes, along with Pink Passion and Gotta Glow (which I don't have). This one is super chalky and crumbly unfortunately, I had high hopes for this one. If you don't like sparkles in your blush, do not get this one. You can't really notice the glitters on your face though and even in the swatch below, it's not very noticeable.

I like ELF Studio blushes, I think they are great value for what you get, which is the case for a lot of their products. You spend $3 on these, if you don't like them, it's not a big deal, but for the most part I like them a lot. Candid Coral is one that I like a lot and use regularly. If I want a pink cheek, I will opt for Tickled Pink, Pink Passion I am still working up to, since I am not used to dramatic pinks like this. These are not that pigmented so you can control how bright this looks. The last power is also pretty good and they are quite smooth, aside from the last two that I reviewed.

Do you have any of these blushes? What do you think of them?

16 comments:

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

from the ones you have I own pink passion, fuchsia fusion and candid coral ! :) candid coral is gorgeous!! :) you should get mellow mauve, it's gorgeous too! ;)

drugstoreandbargainlover

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

I have these in candid coral and fuschia fusion and I loveeee them! I think they are really good quality blushes for $3!! thanks for the swatches :) I think I like the teo I got best :)

Smartcanucks Suck said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG you got banned from SC....they suck anyway and Sally is the biggest bytch and that's being nice

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post!! :) I'm a huge fan of the E.L.F. products, and out of the blushes I only have Candid Coral, but I absolutely LOVE it!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

THANK YOU for this review! I'm always overwhelmed by the number of shades they have, and I know 40% of the product is bound to fail! I love peachy colors too :D

Thanks for sharing and the swatches!!

Stephanie
http://reverie.tyl.cc/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love e.l.f blushes especially Candid Coral.

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I really want to try these new ELF blushes!! I'm starting to really enjoy the new stuff ELF comes out now ^^

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these! I have Mellow Mauve, Candid Coral and Blushing Rose, and Blushing Rose is very pigmented (At least on my fair skin). It's really pretty blended out, though. Love your review of them.

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL at SCSuck's comment. Sally will have a fit if she see it =]

Anyways, I love Candid Coral, too. Not that I have a tan, it doesn't look so good, but I love it when I am paler in the winter.

I think I will get Tickled Pink next time based on your rec and swatch.

I have Gotta Glow. It's not bad, but it's not the best highlighter product that I have ever used. I prefer using Stila's Kitten eyeshadow as a highlighter for my cheekbones.

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I did a post on these and some of them have Nars dupes; I wish the quality were more comparable on some, esp fuchsia fusion.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Smartcanucks Suck - please email me and we can chat more about this.... I looked on your blog and didn't see any contact information.

@Junerose - I hope she never comes on this blog :)

Estefania Lovelifefashion said... Best Blogger Tips

i have Candid Coral and tickled Pink and I have to say I like them a lot, but candid coral got the best color and formula ;)
Thanks for the swatches, it really helps.

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips

I have Tickled Pink and I love it. I keep meaning to buy more - I was tempted to get Peachy Keen at one point, but if it's "dirty" it might not suit me. Ah well, it's not as though I'm going to run out blushers any time soon. :-)

Smartcanucks Suck said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Justine and anyone else who hates smartcanucks my email is smartcanuckssuck at gmail dot com
BTW I love your blog :) do you have a youtube channel, if you don't please start one :)

o said... Best Blogger Tips

I never tried any of their blushers, but they look really good on the swatch. I've tried their new palette and didn't really like. The colours are pretty, but it didn't last long on my eyes... I might try with a primer and see!

sadee said... Best Blogger Tips

very beautiful