Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: Sigma Makeup E25/SS217

sigma makeup brush e25
I am no Sigma Makeup expert, I just recently started buying individual brushes from them, a couple here and there, I was skeptical like many of you. I do not own a lot of MAC brushes and frankly, some of the MAC brushes I would never consider buying because they are way out of my budget. I am becoming more and more impressed with Sigma's brushes however and becoming a little obsessed with the quality of these. I love the MAC 217, I always felt it was unique and no brand could duplicate it, but Sigma has. I definitely recommend picking this one up.

As some of you may now, if you spend $30 or more on a Sigma Makeup order online, you will get the blending eye brush E25(formerly the SS217)  free! This is a travel sized one, but I think the quality is the same as the full size. I do not have the full size only this little one, but I would definitely consider getting the full size, and getting this for free is totally awesome.

sigma makeup e25 vs mac 217
This brush is pretty much identical to the MAC 217, let me show you, in the above pictures, which one do you think is the Sigma brush?

Now that you can see the handles you know, the MAC was the one on the left side in both pictures above. They look and feel the same. The MAC one is slightly more tapered at the tip (Sigma rounder), but nothing too noticeable. The goat hair feels the same, softness is the same, and it performs the same way. I use this brush to blend out my eyeshadow or apply shadow lightly in the crease. The Sigma is also slightly heavier too.

The fact that you can get this free with $30 order (which is what like two brushes?) is totally awesome and makes me want to place a bunch of small orders, which I do anyway, I don't like to buy too many at once, prefer to pace myself. You can also buy the full sized (longer handle) on the Sigma website for $9. Make sure you pick the E25, the E35 looks the same on the website and is not the same brush. I will shortly do a Sigma brush guide blog post, including all the old and new numbering, and pictures, so look out for that.

Do you have this brush?

5 comments:

Amanda Popko said... Best Blogger Tips

being a MUA i will let u know a great place to buy brushes that work just about the same as high priced MAC ones,try the ART store! no joke ,like Miheals craft store,brushes used for painting are usually well made and a lot of them can be used for applying makeup :)

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't wait for your post about all your Sigma brushes. I was first asking for MAC brushes for my birthday (just a couple), but now I'm thinking I'd rather have cheaper brushes (and get twice as many), even if they don't have the "status" of MAC ones.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Amanda - I used to use the loew cornell brushes from michaels all the time as eyeshadow brushes, but I found the hairs weren't as soft as others, I still do not have a MAC eyeshadow brush, but don't want the Sigma one either cause it's different, but I use elf for applying eyeshadow. I agree with you that michaels ones are nice, but you can't find duo fibre ones there or ones like the f15/f35 there that's for sure.

@Steph - I only have four right now and have two more coming, but I will definitely do reviews soon.

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish I like the sigma version of this brush; it feels so rough to me!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - Really? Do you have the travel sized or the full size. I swear mine feels the exact same, can't wait to get more of these baby ones :D