Friday, February 11, 2011

Review: Too Faced Natural Eye Palette

When I returned my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation a few days ago at Sephora, I knew exactly what I wanted to trade in for. I have a mental list in my head of items that I want from Sephora, but I am not made of money and unfortunately cannot have everything, not all at once anyway. The Urban Decay Naked palette has been sold out at my Sephora (and surrounding area) for the longest time, I don't "need" but you know, I would like to have it, wouldn't be against that. Actually if you girls are in/around Toronto, Yorkdale Mall has an Urban Decay section at Shoppers Drug Mart and they have the palette in stock, I was there yesterday so I am going to try and redeem for that during the Shoppers Drug Mart Bonus Beauty Redemption tomorrow, how sick would that be? to get the Naked palette for free when everyone is paying crazy amounts for it on Ebay?


Anyway, the Too Faced Neutral palette is a gorgeous substitute for the UD Naked palette in my opinion, especially if you want all neutrals. This retails for $44 CAD at Sephora and comes in a cute box with 9 very wearable neutrals, a mixture of mattes and shimmers. Too Faced also makes several other palettes like this which are more colourful and smoky but I opted for this one. It comes with a sponge applicator that has it's own little home in the box, which makes it a bit bulky in my opinion, especially for a brush that we will never use.

The shadows are gorgeous and believe me insanely smooth and buttery, I'd say the shimmery ones are more richly pigmented. The only shadow in here that spoils it is "Nude Beach" which is the very shimmery brown/gold in the bottom left, it has major fallout.

Here are the swatches of the entire palette. I think they did very well picking colours for this palette, you have a good mix of light and dark shadows. And I love the name "Sexpresso" like Espresso from MAC from sexier. You can easily get a subtle or dramatic eye with these.

The palette also comes with three cards with instructions on how to achieve three different looks: day, classic and fashion, which is cute. On the back of the box it says "products tested on celebrities, not animals", nice to see that Too Faced has a sense of humour. I would recommend this palette to anyone looking for a very good quality natural palette, I would definitely take this with me travelling and will use it regularly.

* What do you think of the new watermarking system I've got? It's quicker than writing my url in every time and cute I think. Don't forget to enter my Sigma giveaway too!


What do you think of the Too Faced Natural Eye palette?

25 comments:

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it looks amazing !!! I couldn't get my hands on the naked palette by urban decay so this would do a great dupe :) Thanks for sharing , very good review xx

Dadda said... Best Blogger Tips

it's lovely!!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i loveeee this! i loveee neutrals!
i guess i know what alex can get me for vday and our 6 months ! hahaha (he's been asking me)

R.ChamberofBeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

Wowww such a lovely palette!!! The shades are sooo pretty and natural too <3
http://wwww.chamberofbeauty.com

Wendy Banner said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks that about Nude Beach! All of the other colors are gorgeous, and then you get down to the chunky Nude Beach. Luckily, it is the only letdown of the palette though! :)

TINA said... Best Blogger Tips

I adore this palette. I just bought this last week, I have not posted a review yet, but it was nice reading yours :)


Beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

socialitedreams said... Best Blogger Tips

definitely looks like a worthy neutral palette! it's quite beautiful

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

luckiebeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

Love how the eyeshadows look pigmented! And with the instructions,it makes a good palette to use if you're starting with makeup,brilliant! Thanks for sharing ^^

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I've got both this & the Naked palette, & I also did a comparison, but still ended up getting Naked!

I do prefer it over the Natural Palette mainly because it has no duds like Nude Beach, & it has a larger variety of shades for around the same price.

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Naked palette schmaked palette..I think this looks more wearable overall. Love the watermark, I need to start doing that to my photos..how did you do that?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@25FLondon - You mean the two naked or the UD?

@Tracy - I do all my stuff in paint, I am old-school like that, and I do not like overly complicated. I just imported the file into the image.

HitomiNeko said... Best Blogger Tips

How cute! I love the palette~ I like how they give u tips on how to apply the colors~ though I think I wouldn’t be carrying that around if i have it ^^”~

xoxo hitomineko xoxo
* i’m hosting a giveaway*

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been on the hunt for the UD Naked palette but none of my Sephora's ever have it in stock.
I don't need it either but it would be nice to have :P

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks gorgeous, a very nice palette!

Ezzy said... Best Blogger Tips

great swatches and lovely review :)
I guess if i really don't get hold of the naked palette will get this :)

Tracy@BeautyReflections said... Best Blogger Tips

hahaha-our minds must be synced! Too funny we posted the same day! Great minds think alike!

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I'm so late to do a review on this palette... or maybe can you say lazy? I use it almost daily and love it! My favorite shades are the middle ones (=

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been toying with the idea of getting this and it has really tempted me, but the size of it and the low quality of the matte shades holds me back. I like the colors better than the naked palette because they lean more on the cool side and the naked palette is very warm toned. With my cool undertones this would be a better match,

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - it is quite expensive you are right, 9 shadows for $44, but I love neutral eyeshadows so I had to get this, plus it was an exchange anyway.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy@beautyreflections - I know it's like we planned it or something, when I saw your review I thought what a weird coincidence.

kaizokumousy said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the colors!^^

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

wow all those colours look so pretty. it reminds me of UD's naked palette! :D

Candice said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE THIS! Reminds me of a mini version my NAKED palette.

Lotus said... Best Blogger Tips

These colours are gorgeous!! I will check it out next time I go to Sephora! Thanks:)

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

i eye this when i go to sephora, but i have the naked palette so i see no need! too faced is a good brand though, i feel like they are the underdogs in the beauty business!