Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New MAC Canada site: Maccosmetics.ca is now Maccosmetics.com

So all week I've been getting redirected to the MAC US site instead of the MAC Canada site. I am in Canada, so I've always been looking and ordering off that one. Anyway, I thought I was going crazy and then tonight I looked around a bit more and noticed that the prices are in CAD! So this is the new site.. oh gawd help us all!

I hate the design of the MAC US site, it's all jumbled up and ugly. If you don't know what I am talking about the former Canadian MAC site had a white background and was the 'old' MAC Cosmetics US before they switched over like a year ago. I wish I had taken a screenshot so I could of shown you, it was easy to find stuff on and was just more of a user-friendly design. So for my Canadian readers who were confused like me, there must be someone, you are seeing it right, this is our new site. You can change the location on the bottom right and see this is also the Canadian and pretty much global site. Big thumbs down MAC.

6 comments:

Maria said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh, glad i'm not the only one that dislikes this. I HATE, HATE, HATE the fact that they changed the site.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Maria - hahah totally! I was deleting cookies all week thinking it somehow was tracking me in California instead of Canada... didn't know what the heck I was doing wrong, then it started to set in...this is the new site! maybe it will keep my wallet happy having this ugly site, less shopping at MAC! :)

Rica said... Best Blogger Tips

Although it looks sleek, but I do like the old website a lot better because it's just so much simpler. Not that I always order from online, but it might take a while for me to get used to the new layout.

I know they try to make it look all the same. And they think it's so stylish or something, but it's clearly not so user friendly. And black background is really bad for looking at the product when the packaging is black already. (At least the NARS site has white on black background, which is so much better). Now I really missed the old site.

x
Rica

Beauty Style Addict said... Best Blogger Tips

whyyyyyyyyyy!
sometimes new isn't always better geesh :(

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Ugh! I loved the old one!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't order a lot, but I love(ed) to browse the old site, the new one is indeed terrible. It is especially sucky to view on a slower internet connection.