Saturday, August 7, 2010

Review: Rimmel Recover Foundation

This foundation from Rimmel is described as "Illuminating anti-fatigue foundation. Energy boost complex energizes tired skin. Brightening formula helps skin glow. Light to medium coverage. Get up and glow." I actually can't find it at all on the Rimmel US website, so maybe this has been discontinued? I do see the recover concealer however.

I have this in the colour 103 "True Ivory" it looks a bit dark on my hand, but once applied to the face, it looks like a fair match. It comes in a small, squeezy tube. The packaging is very light and I like the pink lid on it. This applies and blends really easily. I apply this with my ELF flat top brush, it melts into the skin easily. The coverage of this is light-medium, it feels more like a tinted moisturizer consistency. I like this foundation because it gives just enough coverage and evens our your skin nicely, it does not feel like you are wearing anything with this. It can also be layered easily, if you need to build up coverage in some areas of your face. If you have a lot that you like to cover and need high coverage, and a matte finish, this is not for you.

This foundation is said to have Rimmel’s 'EnergyBoost’ complex which is supposed to energize tired skin, containing anti-oxidant vitamins C and E with a mineral fatigue-fighters, including magnesium, calcium, potassium and zinc, to plump flagging, sagging skin and help promote cell renewal. Honestly, I did not see any plumping or re-energizing on my face going on. There are definitely visible multi-coloured shimmers in this (click on image above to enlarge to see!), this is not glitter and does not make your face shine like a disco ball however.

I find it odd that cosmetic companies think that women want shimmers in their foundation, if you are over the age of say 20, you most likely do not want your face shimmery, a glow is nice, but there is a huge difference between looking dewy and looking sparkly. I actually like the effect that this foundation gives, in low light, it makes your skin looks awesome. I would say the illuminating particles are similar to that of Revlon's Photoready foundation, but the shimmers are smaller, more a pearl effect and less obvious in the Rimmel foundation, and I prefer the Rimmel for sure. However, if I am fatigued, I want to cover up as much as possible, and not have noticeable shimmers or illuminating particles in my makeup, maybe that's just me. If my face is behaving and I want light coverage, I would reach for this.

If you like this foundation, and can still find it, I suggest to pick up a couple.. because I am pretty sure this is discontinued, unfortunately.

6 comments:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips

thank you for your wonderful review. i have this foundation and i love it.its gives you a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer and is very good summer product. i love the sparkly stuff in it :)

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes this is discontinued. I never got to try it : (

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that glow!!Thanks for the review!!:)

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the great review. Glow is good, shimmer is a bit difficult to pull off, especially for oily skin types like myself.

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the reivew!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review! :) I wish my skin looked THAT good with just some tinted moisturizer on!

drugstoreandbargainlover