Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Review: Sigma Makeup F20/SS134

The F20/SS134 is Sigma's large short-handled paddle brush. It's their dupe for the MAC 134. I don't own the MAC one, but I definitely like the Sigma one. I like that it's short-handled, sort of travel sized. It fits perfectly in my makeup bag and is great for on the go. It's basically a powder brush, but flat, so you can use it for applying bronzer or powder. The Sigma website describes this brush as "Large paddle-shaped brush with fluffy and rounded tip. Suitable for application of powder products on face or body. Natural fiber bristles" 


As you can tell in the picture above, the tip is very rounded on this brush, this makes for picking up and applying powder nicely. The hairs are soft too and this one did not shed.

It's hard to capture how short this brush really is, so I have taken a picture above with next to the Ecotools bronzer brush to give you a better idea. As you can tell, the Sigma F20 is slightly longer and the brush head is a bit bigger.

Since picking this up, it's has a permanent place in my makeup bag. I have one of those MAC Graphic Garden bags (from the brush sets) and use that to put my everyday travel makeup and the F20 just barely fits in there, which is perfect because I can touch up my powder with it. As you can tell other items I have in there is my MAC Studio Fix powder, L'oreal Colour Juice lipgloss, hand sanitizer, some concealer, lipbalm etc. (I may do a what's in my makeup bag blog post soon).

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this brush, it's very soft, does not shed and is short handled, which I like. You can check it out on the Sigma website here.

3 comments:

Eva said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review!! I'm searching for a new blusher brush with a short handle to put in my make up bag. Mainly to use for applying blot powder during these hott summer days :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review as always!! =D xx

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds great! I've been hearing so much about Sigma lately!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/