Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sigma Makeup: Latest Haul with Eye and Face Brushes First Impressions

Okay I am officially Sigma-obsessed, I got another order in the mail today, this one has some face and eye brushes. I initially only ordered their face brushes, but picked up a few eye ones this time around to try out. This post is to give you girls my first impressions of these brushes. I like to try stuff out before I review it, so that way I give an honest and detailed review, but just getting stuff is so exciting so I have to post here. Honestly, now I own almost all of them and wish I had just bought the kits instead of individually because I did end up liking them a lot more than I thought I would. I have no need or crave to buy MAC brushes anymore, these perform wonderfully and have become my everyday brushes.


The Sigma F40 is their large angled contour brush, it has white goat hair. It can be used to apply blush (which I would use it for) or bronzer. This is a dupe of the MAC 168. It's as soft as everyone says it is.

Sigma E50 is the large fluff eyeshadow brush. This baby is huge, it can cover my entire eyelid. This can be used for a wash of colour on your lids. This is comparable to the MAC 227. My first impression of this brush is that it sheds hair like a monster! I hope this dies down after I wash it, or else I may be contacting Sigma regarding this. I haven't washed it yet, just touching the bristles and examining it, I keep pulling out hairs, probably like 10-20 already.

Sigma F75 is their concealer brush, it is tapered and has orange synthetic hair. It can be used for placing and blending concealer on the face. I will probably use it to tap concealer under the eyes. It's a nice size, I wish it were a bit firmer, but it's okay, good for delicate areas. It's a dupe for the MAC 195, looks completely identical to it.

The Sigma E35 is the tapered blending brush. It's made of goat hair and can be used for blending eyeshadow or blending in concealer under the eyes (which I will probably use it for). It's very soft, however the bristles are much more fluffy than the MAC 222 (which this is a dupe of). This is like a longer version of the Sigma E25. This reminds me of a white MAC 224 brush moreso. With this brush, Sigma did not get this brush dupe quite right in my opinion.

Sigma E45 is a small tapered blending brush for eyes. This can be used for placing eyeshadow in the crease and blending it. I was surprised how pointy and precise this brush is, it is really well made. This is a dupe of the MAC 226 which was limited edition and is not available anymore. I don't have that brush, but judging from pictures, this Sigma one seems a lot more pointy.

Do you have any of these brushes? Which ones are you planning to get?

11 comments:

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice haul! I just got a few new sigma brushes too!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh yeah? Which ones?

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice haul, I have the angled contour brush and I love it because it is so soft.

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I'm still trying to make the contour brush work for contouring--it's by far the most disappointing Sigma brush I have :)

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I hope I can get my hands on Sigma soon!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Nunu said... Best Blogger Tips

Have been eyeing these Sigma brushes for a while, am in desperate need of some face brushes and I refuse to pay the exorbitant MAC prices! Was shipping to Canada atrocious?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@MAC nunu - shipping to Canada was not bad at all, they recently greatly reduced it. I remember I paid $7/brush before, now it's like $2/brush, not bad at all, or $14 for a brush kit.

Sheefa F said... Best Blogger Tips

i love sigma brushes too!

stuffedpandapuppet said... Best Blogger Tips

Is the travel size E25 still available with $30+ orders? It's not on the main page anymore and it doesn't just show up in the shopping cart or anything.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@stuffedpandapuppet - It won't show in your shopping cart, or on the site, but yes you get a travel sized E25 with every order of $30 or more, I've received one with every order I've placed ;)

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

I haven't purchased any Sigma brushes but have seen so many reviews on them. Enjoy your new haul!