Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review: Maybelline Superstay 24H Concealer

So I FINALLY found this in Ivory!!! I was looking for it forever. I tried the Superstay foundation, did not like it as the colour match was terrible for me, but this concealer is awesome. I think for an undereye concealer, this is the best one you can find in drugstores. It covers very well, is super smooth and lasts. I bought this for around $8 CAD at Walmart.

maybelline superstay concealer in ivory
Here is what the product claims to do:
* Conceals imperfections, flaws, undereye darkness and circles
* 24-hour wear, No Transfer
* Oil-Free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, fragrance-free. (taken from Maybelline website)

maybelline superstay concealer
It comes with a doefoot applicator, as most liquid concealers, you dot it under your eyes and then lightly blend it in. The colour match of "Ivory" works well for my light skin. I wish their foundation was more this tone, instead of the reddy mess that it was on me. The consistency of this is liquid, but it's a thick kind of liquid, so it does a very good job in covering areas quickly and a small amount goes a long way with this.

maybelline superstay concealer
I've read reviews on makeupalley that list a con of this product as it drying too quickly, I don't see that as a problem at all, I like that it dries fast and to a sort of powdery finish. Especially for the summer, hot months, you want something that takes as little effort as possible. Also, it only comes in 5 shades, which definitely may make it a problem to find your shade, I found mine with no problems though, Ivory is perfect for me. 

I highly recommend this, this one is a keeper.

8 comments:

Miss Shopcoholic said... Best Blogger Tips

im using Maybelline's mineral concealer and i love it! hopefully this product is available here in our country..

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review!I'm going to try it!:)

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

This concealer really lasts! Only problem is that long-lasting concealers really dry out my skin!

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

I am definitely going to try this because I have dark undereye circles and I really need a good concealer

rebeca.cd said... Best Blogger Tips

Great concealer!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Dang! You're making want to try everything!! LOL

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review Justine! Can you please update this post with a picture of you wearing this concealer only under one eye, so that we can see the difference it makes? ;) Thanks! :)

drugstoreandbargainlover

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - sure.. I can do that, I recently bought the MAC mositurecover to compare to this but.. I think I got the wrong colour. :(