Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sigma Makeup: Pink Travel Sized SS187 and SS224


Today I have a review for you of the two Sigma makeup mini travel sized brushes, the SS187 (now F50) and SS224 (E40). These are in pink, they can be bought as part of the Travel Kit Nice in Pink. I was sent these two products from Sigma for review consideration. I think the pink is cute, especially if you are younger and travel sized brushes are always good for travelling and on the go because they are smaller and with shorter handles.

First up is the Sigma 224 mini, which is now the E40 mini. This is a dupe of the MAC 224. It is a blending eye brush with black bristles. I don't have the MAC 224, but I did order the Sigma one recently so I will update this post once I get that in. I like that this doesn't flare out too much and it's pretty short too.


Here is a comparison of the SS188 (on left) and the SS187 mini (middle) and the MAC 187SE (right). As you can tell the SS187 mini is a lot smaller than the MAC, it is a lot closer to the SS188. I like it's a nice brush but because the white hairs are so long on this (or should I say the black ones are too short), it feels a lot floppier than the SS188 which makes it difficult to use for foundation application. So I am not a fan of this brush.

As you can tell here the Sigma Pink mini is a bit fuller than the SS188 (F55). These Sigma traveled sized brushes do not compare to the MAC SE brushes, at least not this brush in particular, and many people claim that the MAC SE's do not compare at all to the full sized ones.


Also, I've had a couple of questions regarding the Sigma gift that you get with purchase. It is true, you get a Sigma SS217 mini (E25) with every $30 order. It's a nice gift cause that brush is actually really nice, I have several of them now. The free brush will not show up in your shopping cart and you do not need a code or anything, but rest assured you will get it in your package.

2 comments:

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I love travel sized brushes since I always end up doing my makeup in school bathrooms. I considered the travel set, but it seems a bit expensive.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - agreed, it does seem expensive, I think most people buy the full sized kits. I think buying individual brushes is the way to go for sure.