Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Review: Biore Cooling Eye Gel

This was one of those spur of the moment type purchases, I didn't need it, but it looked interesting so I thought what the heck and bought it. Unfortunately this product does nothing for me, and despite it being packaged very cutely in a little pump bottle, it just sits at the back of my cabinet and doesn't see the light of day.

Biore's Cooling Eye Gel comes in a 15ml bottle with a pump and cap on top. Mine says renew on it, I think this is still the current version that is being sold at the moment. I found this in the clearance aisle of my Rexall Pharma Plus for about $8. I thought $8 was a lot to pay for such a small bottle, but eye creams can be experience and I read reviews that said this reducing puffiness under the eyes, so it sounded good enough to me.

According to the biore.ca website, this product is supposed to:
"Instantly enliven your eyes with quick-absorbing, non-sticky Bioré® RENEW Cooling Eye Gel. The formula's natural blend of golden root, yeast, and sugar beet extracts has been proven to depuff and brighten the eye area, while cucumber extract energizes and recharges.  RENEW Cooling Eye Gel quenches and immediately improves the appearance of fine lines as it provides an intense surge of refreshing moisture to the delicate eye area."

The product itself is a gloppy clear green gel with green glitterly. The sparkles are totally unnecessary and kind of irritating. This stuff does have a nice cooling effect once you apply it, but it did nothing for me. You are to apply a small amount everyday (for best results) and lightly blend it in under the eyes. I found it didn't absorb or sink into my skin very well and left this sticky yucky feel, making me want to wash my face afterwards.

This product did not work for me and was a total bust.

6 comments:

Stephanie C. said... Best Blogger Tips

That's too bad about this; it's a let-down when products look so cool but don't perform. If it irritates, it can't be good!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

ugh that sucks :/

well atleast you got to try it!



http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

If it gives a cooling sensation it is a sign of irritation which causes aging!

ndoodles said... Best Blogger Tips

Darn I need a good eye cream - too bad this didn't really work.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - but that's the point of the product, it's supposed to be cooling. I don't know, I don't like it. Eye creams always get us!!

when I said the glitter is irritating I meant on my face, the appearance of it bothers me, not actually irritating me, like making me itch or anything. sorry for the confusion.. haha.

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this too and I completely agree! I hate the sticky feeling afterwards!

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/