Sunday, March 20, 2011

Walmart Haul: Hard Candy and Wet N Wild

This weekend I did some shopping, it's been my mission for the past short while to get the Hard Candy Glamoflague concealer and Skinny Dipping boxed blush. I've been to about 5 Walmarts now and still haven't been able to get it. I really wish Hard Candy was sold in other stores, or that Walmart would be more efficient in re-stocking their items, because this is getting really annoying. I've found Glamoflague but it was only in the tan darkest shade. I did manage to get some other things to make myself feel better though. I am excited to try all these products out and will review them soon.

For the Hard Candy items first, I picked up two primers, one in the "skin illuminating" purple one, and the other in the "skin perfecting". I probably didn't need both (I don't need a new primer at all) but I wanted to try these out.

Also got the Undercover Agent concealer (on far right) which ones with a undereye brightener and concealer duo. So far I am disappointed in the concealer since the concealer part is very small and only like a stick ball consistency.

The blush I picked up is Smooth Talker which has some peach, purple and pink squares in it. I wanted Skinny Dipping, which is one side bronzer and the other orange, that one looks really good. These blushes are getting a lot of attention because they resemble the Benefit boxed blushes but are only $5.

As for Wet N Wild, they did have all the 3 colour palettes I believe, most of them are too colourful for me and a complete pass, but I did get Walking on Eggshells (not new) and Silent Treatment. We currently don't have the 8 pan palettes in Canada, or else I would be all over those, they look much better. I hope we get them soon. It sucks about living in Canada, we get cosmetics a lot later than they do in the US.

I also picked up the new Rimmel Clean Finish foundation in 120 Ivory, which I only really got because it has a spatula applicator, that looks really cool. The sign said this product is a Walmart exclusive, so you may only be able to find it there in Canada that is

Have you managed to pick up any new Wet N Wild or Hard Candy items yet?

22 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Justine-you are going to love both of those WnW trios! Silent Treament has become one of my faves! I am dying to try those new Hard Candy blushes, primers, and also am wanting to try Glamoflage...but, I never seem to venture far enough out of the city to get to Walmart. ;) Looking forward to your reviews! Nice haul!!! :)

meredith said... Best Blogger Tips

Anxious to hear your thoughts on the Rimmel foundation. The spatula is making me curious.

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been to two different Wal-Marts and neither of them have a spot for the two new HC primers yet. I'd gladly trade the boxed blushes for the new primers!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ashley - agincourt mall walmart had only these primers, the regular ones were sold out. Walmart suuuuuuucks at restocking.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul, I'm loving the Wet n Wild eye shadow palettes. You're right about getting things late, but we do end up getting it eventually. Also, you're so lucky that your skin can tolerate testing different foundations and primers. My face hates anything it isn't used to. Ugh.

peskypixies said... Best Blogger Tips

If you hop down to Buffalo for some shopping try Wegmans on Alberta Drive or Dick Road, they usually have a pretty good stock of the WNW palettes. I'd just call first!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Your WalMart still has more than mine currently offers..so frustrating I agree. I want Silent Treatment for that taupe shade alone, let us know what you think!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy D - the walmart closest to me had none of the new hard candy or wet n wild products. It took ALOT of driving around to get even this.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to try the hard candy too but our walmart never restocks! So I'm hoping next month they will have some. Great haul!

Dyna said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh god. wet n wild. hard candy. I am literally so jealous .. we don't get these over in Europe :( which is such a shame. But thank you for sharing. you enhance my imagination haha xD

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice haul!! Looking forward to your reviews on those primers!

Ling's Beauty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

OOOHH!!!! You bought so many goodies, cant wait to read your reviews

CJ :) said... Best Blogger Tips

i totally agree with u. walmart should get their acts together when it comes to restocking hard candy stuff lol. and i've been wanting to try their glamoflauge concealer but still couldn't find it after going back and forth to 3 walmarts in my area. :(

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I did a WalMart haul over the weekend too. My store had all of the Hard Candy blushes, I had Skinny Dipping and the bronzer/slash pink (I don't member the name) one in my cart but I ended up not getting them, I went on a mini nail polish binge instead.

I was looking for the Wet'n Wild spring polishes, but it doesn't look like they're out here either (I really want the 8 pan shadows too!)

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

The blush and the eyeshadow palettes look great - would love to hear how well they wear.

My current go-to blush is Wet n Wild in Heather Silk...it's ridiculously pigmented but not powdery (unlike ELF studio products).
(By the way - I just went to the WnW website to confirm the name of my blush colour - and they've redesigned it so that it is like MAC's website! They're totally stepping up their game!)

I also want to try out Hard Candy's baked blushes (the ones that look like MAC's mineralized skin finishes)

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so in shock to learn that you have walmart in canada! Damn it, I was in TO for about 6months and I never saw any Walmarts.. Only shoppers! :( I wish I knew back then I got some Hard Candy, I want to try out this brand soooo bad!
Very nice haul though

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome haul! I have some of the new 3 colour palettes, and also Comfort Zone, the neutral 8 colour. They're such fantastic quality for the price.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm super jealous of your wonderful haul! I've been lemming some Hard Candy and Wnw products for quite some time hehe :) Of course we're waiting swatches and reviews ;) x

Wendy Banner said... Best Blogger Tips

I miss the days that Hard Candy was easy to get in Sephora. :( I really think that it should be available in drugstores besides just Walmart. *sigh* Great haul!

Deborah said... Best Blogger Tips

I've recently started blogging and I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog since it's Canadian. :D. But yes, I've been having trouble finding the Hard Candy Glamaflauge concealers :( Wal-mart is such a disappointment at times.
Cheers Deb.

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine,

Great haul, too bad it took that many trips to find half the stuff you wanted to get. I know how you feel though, I love the dream smooth mousse and it is never stocked in the shade that matches me perfectly, very frustrating. I am going to wal-mart tomorrow so I will definately be checking whats there.

Stellar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey, I been trying to get my hands on WnW stuff yet they don't seem to be at my local Wal-Mart. Where did you get yours? I have yet to check the others in the city and I really want to get their eyeshadows.