Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Monthly Faves: August 2010

I like doing these blog posts because it helps me reflect on the products that I used and liked most each month. I like reading everyone else do their faves too. August is always a sad month because it means the end of summer. Onto my faves for the month of August.

1) Givenchy Hot Couture - More of a winter fragrance I think but it's lovely and I've got so many compliments whilst wearing this during the month of August. Recently at Starbucks... "something smells really good, is that you?"... "I hope so!"..."is it perfume"..."Yeah I think so (sniffs myself)"..."what perfume are you wearing?"..."Givenchy Hot Couture"...."Oh! I think my mom wears that one"..."Oh great I smell like an old lady!".  Then I think to myself, why do I say the stupidest things to people? I wasn't trying to come across as a bitch, but I think I may have. The girl was nice though and just laughed it off saying her mom is a "young mom".. hmm how young if you are my age? Anyway, this surprisingly was one of the first perfumes that I bought in my adult life and it's still kicking around and I wear it all the time.

2) Rimmel Sexy Curves - I hear that the waterproof version is shitty, but this one is really nice and gives my lashes that ompf keeping them curled all day, plus the purple bottle is super cute and I find this really easy to apply because of the curved bubbly brush.

3) Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin - I love peach blushes and this Maybelline one is really cool cause it's that fluffy whipped cream consistency that gives a pop of colour to your cheeks and stays on all day too.

4) MAC Refined Golden - This bronzer is perfect for me, if I want one with shimmer, since it's darker and I have fair skin it doesn't take too much to get a quick glow to your face. I apply this all over, but concentrate on the cheek area.

5) Sigma Makeup F45 Buffer brush - I use this brush for applying my finishing powder, it's pretty big, but not crazy dense so it's good at applying light powders. 

6, 7)) Essie nail polish in California Coral and St Lucia Lilac - These two polishes were pretty much all that was on my nails for the month of August. Both colours scream summer to me and are so pretty.

8) Benefit Sugarbomb - I bought this powder last month and it's quickly becoming my favourite Benefit product, it gives a gorgeous glow and some colour to your cheeks too, and smells lovely. Full review can be found here.

9) NARS Sheer Glow - The best foundation for me from all the ones that I have, and trust me I have many in my collection. This is a really great colour match and I love the coverage and consistency.

10) MAC Studio Moisturecover concealer - When I first bought this I thought it was too dark, but I think a tad darker concealer (NW20) actually works for me in hiding the pesky undereye baggage/circles nastiness etc. Plus I love that it doesn't cake and is smooth.

What were your favs for the month of August? Let me guess... UD Naked Palette? ;)

8 comments:

Lara's Pint Of Style said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice favourites you got there! I had the Rimmel Sexy Curves I loved that mascara... not to mention the cute colour and brush!

Kat M said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a huge fan of Rimmel's Sexy Curves...haven't tried the waterproof one, but I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras (but that's something else)! The packaging is so cute :D

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish so badly that I could find a NARS Sheer Glow that works for me. None of the shades work.. Well I've only tried 3 so I can't really say none. Anyways, love the post!

Princess Feef said... Best Blogger Tips

oooh that hot couture perfume is one of fav ones of all time ! i remember in middle school i went crazy using 4 or 5 bottles =D loveeeee it

great pics dear

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I loove hot couture! I have to add my mom used to wear it too (until I snagged her bottle!) I must get a new bottle of it.

California coral looks cute too!

makeupjelena said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice favorites! :-)
makeupjelena

KJ said... Best Blogger Tips

just want to say I love your blog. Great fav list. I love the rimmel mascara. I agree with the above poster. Nars sheer glow is just way too yellow on my pink undertone skin.

~Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the Maybelline blush too and I love how fluffy it feels! XD

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/