Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review: Sigma Premium Travel Kit

Sigma Makeup released their Premium Travel Kits today, they come in 4 colours: Hot in Pink, Stylish in Black, Sweet in Pink and Classy in Silver and sells for $59 on the Sigma website. This comes with 7 of their premium brushes in travel size. Sigma sent me this kit a few weeks and I was so excited to share it with you, but I had to wait until it was released on the website first. This kit is really nice, I love the brushes that are in here and already have several of them in full size. The only thing this kit is lacking is a foundation brush, you can use the large concealer brush or the duo fibre brush to apply foundation, but I would of loved them to include the F80 flat top in this kit.


The brushes that come in this Premium Travel Kit include:
- F25 Tapered Face Brush
- F15 Duo Fibre Powder/Blush Brush
- F65 Large Concealer Brush
- E50 Large Fluff Brush
- E45 Small Tapered Blending Brush
- E20 Short Shader Brush
- E10 Small Eye Liner Brush

Also, you get a free E25 blending brush when you order, since it's over $30. I chose the Stylish in Black kit. The brush roll is quite nice, with a metal magnetized closure on the front and a zip compartment to put extra brushes into. It's not real leather, but a faux leather material. When I first got this, it did smell funky, but that dissipated over time.

F25 Tapered Brush - I love this brush in the full size and having another one with a short handle is great. I use this brush for applying contour, powder and blush. The head on this is slightly smaller than the full size,which is great. I suggest keeping the brush guard on this to maintain the egg shape.

F15 Duo Fibre Powder Brush is an oval shaped duo fibre brush that I use for blush application mainly. I know some people use this for powder and even foundation. Again, the size of this one is almost the same as the full size.Mine is a bit pink because I used it today.

F65 Large Concealer is a large flat black synthetic bristled concealer brush. I am not crazy about this brush personally, I would of rather they had included a foundation brush instead. This brush can be used for covering large area of the face with concealer.

E50 Large Fluff is a large eyeshadow brush. I love this brush because it can cover your entire lid with shadow very quickly. I found the full size version of this shed on me terribly, but this one did not shed much at all, which was great. The size of this one is considerably smaller than the full size.

E45 Small Tapered Blending is a point eyeshadow brush that can be used in the crease to blend out eyeshadow. I like this brush a lot, it's soft and effective.

E20 Short Shader is an eyeshadow brush that can be used to smudge eyeshadow onto the lower lash line or to smudge eyeliner.

E10 Small Eye Liner is just that a small eyeliner brush, this is quite precise and good at achieving a thin line. I don't really wear eyeliner, so I don't have a use for these types of brushes.

Now you probably wonder how these compare to the full sized versions, I will show you below.


As you can tell there isn't much different in the brush head size, which is great of Sigma to do. If you like your large sized ones, you can also have very similar travel sized ones too.

Does this Premium Travel Kit interest you? What are your thoughts about it?

8 comments:

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

This kit looks nice, but it's so hard to find a kit that has everything you need and nothing else, especially when the brushes I use regularly do change quite a bit. I ordered some more single brushes I can't wait to get!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - I went the individual way too, but I bought the brush roll recently and there isn't enough space for all the sigma brushes that I have, I should of probably just bought a kit but there are brushes in there that do not interest me at all (ie eyeliner and lip brushes).

kaizokumousy said... Best Blogger Tips

waaaa i love brushes I'm currently collecting them :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kaizokumousy - me too, which ones do you have?

Maria said... Best Blogger Tips

I'd love to try them, but i'm nervous because I find it hard to shy away from my tried and true favourites... Maybe someday! :)

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

You're right about the large concealer brush! They should have included a foundation brush or the F80 flat top kabuki brush instead!

Noriko said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for a nice post.
I am interested in this company and will make a first order a.s.a.p. Hope their international shipping charge is not so high^^

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome review! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I am definitely purchasing this kit, it's currently on sale for $49 on the sigma website.