Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks

Can you believe these are my first ever Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks? I don't know why I didn't get these earlier, they are gorgeous. I bought 5 of these on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart this week, they were $3.99 a piece, normally $7.49 here in Canada. I got the colours (from left to right): Heavenly, Air Fairy, Crush, Pink Blush and Nostalgia.

They come in dark purple/burgundy packaging with a crown on the top. You can tell the packaging is really cheap judging by how light it is, but I do like how it clicks so you know it's totally closed. There are lots of colours to choose from, some are a tad too frosty for my liking though. I like the finish of these, they aren't particularly moisturizing, but not drying either and they last a decent amount of time, for a lipstick anyway. I am particularly about the smell of beauty products and these smell like Starburst candies to me, they are like a sour, sweet fragrance.

The pigmentation of these is really nice, it takes two swipes to get a nice, even application. I think for a drugstore lipstick, these are one of the best. I tried to pick colours that weren't too frosty, I like creamy lipsticks. These go on with some shine and look very flattering.

Heavenly is a mauvey berry colour. It is darker than it looks in the picture above, that is what flash does, it makes everything look lighter than it is, do not judge this colour on this swatch, the pictures above do it more justice. This colour is gorgeous.

Airy Fairy is a really popular colour. I didn't want it based on the swatches that I saw online however because it made me think it was a colour that it's not. Problem is this one is really hard to photograph, it can look nude and pinky purple depending on the lighting. I think it can look good on anyone because it's so unique of a colour.

Crush is a peachy colour, it does have some shimmer in it and bright, I think it's too bright and at the same time, it leaves yellow lines on the outside of your lipline if you do overapply it. Not totally sold on this one.

Pink Blush is a pale baby pink, it is marvelous. It applies moist, smooth and opaque in two swipes. Lots of people compare this to a more pigmented MAC Lady Gaga lipstick, but so much cheaper. I like pinks, so I had to pick up this one.

Nostalgia is a bright warm coral. This one is a pretty colour too.

Do you have any of the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks?

15 comments:

alicesmother said... Best Blogger Tips

I dont have any, I have never seen tehm in shops in Spain. But the colors are really nice! enjoy them, pretty

Eva said... Best Blogger Tips

i currently only own airy fair & crush.. but this post is stirring some lemmings!! thanks for sharing those amazing swatches.

xoxo,

eva

http://purrrty.blogspot.com/

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

In the tube these don't look very 'wow' but on the lips they are gorgeous!
Definately going to keep my eye out for them!
x

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww!I dont have one!!And they all lokk so gorgeous!!
Thanks for the swatches hun!!
xxx

Chloe said... Best Blogger Tips

i love rimmel lipsticks, although the packaging isnt great, the colours look ace, i'll definately be looking for airy fairy! xxx

donnarence said... Best Blogger Tips

nice swatches... makes me want to but them too

Estefania Lovelifefashion said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post!! I love swatches, so you can decided if you would buy that product or not. Thanks for sharing ;)

AnNeTtEe said... Best Blogger Tips

great review! awesome swatches! I love Rimmel lippies!! aside from the color & pigmentation, I love how they smell! =) I already own 3: Crush, Pink Champagne & Airy Fairy... & based on your swatches, I think I'm gonna go & get me the Nostalgia & Pink Blush for sure... I like the Heavenly but not for sure yet.. they all look pretty on your lips, by the way... thanks for sharing this

Carolanne said... Best Blogger Tips

I looooovvvee Celeb and Birthday Suit. Although, I think I might have to pick up Nostalgia soon =)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the pink blush and it is an amazing color. Judging by this post, I'd also really like the Airy Fairy.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said... Best Blogger Tips

i love crush! i have been looking for a light orange lipstick for ages!

Isabel said... Best Blogger Tips

These look great! but I dont think I've seen them here before =(

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't own any, but I want to get Heavenly and Airy Fairy!! :) Thank for the swatches Justine! ;)

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

i have one in pink blush but it makes me look like a little girl who played with her mothers make up...it doesn't suit my warm skin tone at all! i think id wanna try airy fairy though ^^ i like pink nudes

Sofia said... Best Blogger Tips

@Annette pink blush is pink champagne :D


My fave is heavenly and then Nostalgia :D I luv how they smell too