Friday, September 17, 2010

Nail Comparison: China Glaze For Audrey and Orly Gumdrop

China Glaze For Audrey is one of the most popular colours of nail polish ever I think, at least since I've been into nail polish. It's gorgeous and definitely one of my favourites. However, another favourite of mine which is very similar is Orly's Gumdrop which came out in the Sweet collection. I actually just got Gumdrop this week, I had a hard time finding it. When this collection was out at Sally's, every Sally's, I mean every one that I went to was sold out of this colour and I can see why. I recently stopped ordering nail polish from etailers, specifically Transdesign and I limited myself to Amazon, I have a favourite seller and they had Gumdrop recently, so I picked it up

For Audrey is that classic Tiffany & Co aqua blue colour, it is very recognizable and I get compliments every time that I wear this polish. This is a creme that applies well and doesn't look much darker than the bottle after two coats. This polish is an homage to Audrey Hepburn and Tiffany & Co. It is available in the core China Glaze line at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Gumdrop is a light blue/green creme, the application was not as smooth as the China Glaze For Audrey, but not terrible, the formulation is very thick. This is my right hand, and since I am right handed it is difficult to paint this side.

As you can tell, Gumdrop is slightly more green and For Audrey is more blue. They are both pretty colours however and are the same pastel, light tone. They are more flattering on all skin tones as well.

Another picture to show you just how similar they are, if you wore them on different days, you wouldn't notice the difference and I doubt that others would either. Side by side, they do look different though. These are almost perfect dupes of each other,

Do you have either For Audrey or Gumdrop, which do you like better?

11 comments:

Carrie said... Best Blogger Tips

woah, it looks similar. although the gumdrop looks a little bit lighter. just a little.

Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

Both polishes are absolutely gorgeous!! For Audrey is a favorite of mine, but I'm quite tempted to buy Gumdrop too now, it looks lovely!

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't own any of them, but I want to get For Audrey! :) Nice comparison! ;)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a pretty colour!
And i'm sorry- I'm one of those people who has to have everything perfect and each time I changed it something wasn't right!
Then everything just messed up and the comments broke so I reverted back to the layout I started with and made a new header :) haha x

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lauren - hey! I know what you mean, I am tempted to change mine, but it would mean that I have to revert to the new templates and start over and I just can't be bothered. Yours looks good though. ;)

rebeca.cd said... Best Blogger Tips

They look pretty similar!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

Johanna (Paillette) said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for this!
I was going to do one, but yours is awesome!!!

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the review and swatches! i was wondering, do you think joe fresh's mint is a dupe for this too? they look similar but its probably due to the brightness of my computer =P

nicoletta said... Best Blogger Tips

So nearly the same and a beautiful colour, i dont have either i'm afraid x

MissA* said... Best Blogger Tips

For Audrey is one of my favourite colours :) I didn't know Gumdrop is similar to For Audrey. It looks lighter colour in the bottle. Thanks for the comparison!

miChelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I have For Audrey! was thinking of getting Gumdrop.