Monday, September 20, 2010

Mascara Monday: L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara Review

Today's mascara is the L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara. The L'oreal website describes this mascara as "For clump-free, perfectly defined longer lashes. L’Oréal introduces new Telescopic® Clean Definition Mascara for lashes with telescopic length, perfect definition, and a clump-free, natural end result. The patented No Clump Brush™ cleanly defines and lengthens up to 60%." This came out a long time ago, and promised more than anything, clump-free lashes. The packaging is a tall, skinny silver bottle that resembles a telescope, I find the packaging to be kind of ugly but it's not what's on the outside that counts.

It has a small and very thin, long, plastic brush, which aids in the clean appearance that it claims to give. The wand is also flexible, which is neat. The brush has little spikes in rows. I have this in the colour Black Brown, 930, on the brush it looks quite light, but it's dark enough for me on my lashes, since my lashes are quite light to begin with.

(bare eye)

I think this macara gives lots of length, not much volume. It does provide that "clean definition" that the mascara claims. The brush is quite easy to use. It does not curl at all. I did get flaking underneath my eyes, however I do not deem this to be the mascara's fault, but is probably caused by the age of the product. I've had this mascara for quite a long time and it's getting pitched after this review.

The formulation is quite thin, so you can layer it easily to how dramatic you want it. My lashes have 2 coats in all the pictures. Also if your lashes clump together, you can go over them with the brush to comb that out.

I did get clumps throughout my lashes which was probably due to the mascara being old. It did not smell funky, but I think it is past it's expiry date. I did like the effect that this mascara gave, a clean defined, definitely lengthening result.

Have you used the L'oreal Telescopic masacara?

6 comments:

Sofia said... Best Blogger Tips

your blog is amazing!!!! FOLLOWING!!

http://www.sofiasbrighterdays.com

Milz said... Best Blogger Tips

I have it and I love it because it gives nice length and curl to lashes

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much for the review Justine! :) I won't be getting this mascara, as I like full and dramatic lashes! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Stavroula - what's your fave mascara for fullness and drama?

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually apply 2 different mascaras, that's the main trick! I've been loving Elf Waterproof Legthening and Volumizing Mascara from the studio line lately!! :D

irina™ said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like your mascara reviews, and I was wondering which of these three mascaras, which you have reviewed, you like the most (For lengthening and definition, that doesn't clump), and why :)
L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition, L'Oreal Voluminous Naturale, and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes.
Thank youu!