Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage

I like foundation primers, especially since I have dry skin I like adding something to give my skin that extra slip. I find my makeup stays in place just fine, but my issue is applying it on a dry, dehydrated face can be difficult and products tend to stick to some areas more than others, leaving patchy areas. Using a foundation primer helps my makeup apply nicely. There are many primers on the market, most of which have a silicon base. One of the first primers that I ever used and still prefer is the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Visage. This retails for $31.50CAD on the MAC Cosmetics website and is described as "an ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder."


The product comes in a 30ml sleek, black bottle that has tiny mutli-coloured shimmers all over it and a light rosy scent. I love the pump on it, you just need 1-2 pumps for your entire face and it gets the job done, no wastage and clean application. I've had this for over a year and do not think I will run out it anymore soon because you need so little. The product itself is a white lotion-like texture with shimmers in it as well. The shimmers are a neat effect but you won't see them on your face since you are applying foundation or powder overtop of this. It blends very easily and smoothly.

I like this primer most of all because it feels like a moisturizer and primer in one, and is unlike any other primer that I have. When I bought this product the Prep and Prime Face Protect, the SPF version was sold out, it's a bit more expensive, but I would recommend getting that one instead since it does have the SPF in it, the Skin Visage version does not. I think this is a great product and if you are looking for a new primer that does not feel like every clear, goopy one out there, this is the one for you.

Have you used any of MAC's Prep and Prime line?

5 comments:

Rica said... Best Blogger Tips

My favourite product from Prep+Prime line is their Skin Refined Treatment Zone. It's magic on my skin, makes it looks kinda poreless =D. I have yet to try MAC face primers, but I gotta finish the primers I already own first LOL.

x
Rica

rebeca.cd said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to try this primer, though I don't have any MAC store near...

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

Amanda Popko said... Best Blogger Tips

i have not tried this but it looks great and i will forsure soon
but i would not pay more for the SPF verison ,im sure its just a spf 15 and the little amount you are applying will really give you no sun protection,i took a whole course on spf and its better to just wear one by it self,and apply at least 5ml to your face and neck
and it will last you 150 minutes then u need to reapply
so people think they are protected and really they are not
stick with this one and use a spf seperate :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Amanda Popko - the sun protect version has SPF 50, the Prep and Prime Skin Visage as no SPF at all.

BudgetBeautyGoddess said... Best Blogger Tips

I always loved the shimmer this would give my face when I applied it. You could never see it under my makeup but it was pretty, so was the bottle.

I haven't bought any since I finished that bottle, I've been on drugstore primers for a year! I just saw the new Stila One Step Correct Primer in the new Ulta catalogue, it looks cool but I wonder how it works...