Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Benefit Dandelion Blush

Dandelion was the first Benefit product that I ever purchased. It's a pretty pale, light pink blush, on the back of the box it's described as "finely spun with delicates mauves and pinks, this exquisite brightening face powder leaves a petal like finish." It's meant to be used as all over the face brightening, but I know most people that buy this use it as a blush, and on fair skin tones it will show up as such. I think this is a really pretty subtle pink blush, good for everyday, and good for those who aren't really into blush as this does give a perk me up, natural looking flush.

It's a boxed powder that retails for about $35 CAD (sooo much!), you get 10g, compared to a regular MAC blush that has 6g, so yes you are paying a lot, but you also get lots of product. It comes with the flat Benefit brush that all their boxed powders have in a plastic covering and case. I keep this all together, even though I don't really use the brush. There is definitely a scent to the powder, it smells like sweet flowers to me. It isn't over-powering and you don't smell it when you wear it either.


MAC's Well Dressed is a very pale pink, but next to Dandelion it looks much more purple-pink toned while Dandelion looks more peachy pink. In the second swatch you can tell that ELF's studio blush in Tickled Pink is way more peachy though, in real life alone, they all just look pink to me, but you can tell they are very different. I would say Dandelion has a somewhat 'satin' finish like Well Dressed has, it does illuminate slightly (subtle shimmers visible in box, but not on the face) but is very soft and delicate looking. I would recommend this only however for those that are quite fair because it is so light. I have to pack it on quite a bit to get the colour to show up on my cheeks.

Do you have Dandelion?

10 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I have wanted this for a while but the price puts me off!
Just trying to find a nice dupe :)

http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com♥

BeautyRandomBlog (Sara) said... Best Blogger Tips

Good to know;) I was thinking to buy Well Dressed blush, I think they're both really beautiful:D
Thanks for the review!

http://alwaysjude.blogspot.com

Eva said... Best Blogger Tips

great review! i've always wanted to swatch this to see if it will even show up on my NC30 skin. thanks for the review.

xoxo,
eva

http://purrrty.blogspot.com/

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review! I too have been spying this product for a while, but I wasn't too sure if it was for me. i think I might have to go with the SugarBomb instead. Thanks for helping me decide!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Bailey - ya I remember you were wondering about this one. Sugarbomb is more of a blush/highlighter in one, dandelion is a blush for fair skin.

cocomabelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I have Dandelion. I got it in a box set with Dallas and Hoola a while back and I can say that I'm not all that impressed. It's just another super pale blush... I was really disappointed because I did pay quite a bit, but at least it came with two other colors which are much more interesting for me. Dallas is a gorgeous mix of blush and bronzer while Hoola is an intense bronzer perfect for contouring. Still, I'd rather have ELF blush and pay a tenth of the price and have more color choices than Benefit, which I think is overpriced and mostly packaging-oriented. I find that their products aren't really special and you're mostly paying for the cute name they gave the shade and the packaging.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@cocomabelle - I wanted to get that set but couldn't find it anywhere, it's a much better value, I'll never go through this entire box of blush! The only place I can find Benefit in Canada is at Shoppers Drug Mart, or hit up Sephora so not a lot of variety. I think that set I was thinking of had Hoola, Coralista and Dandelion, really nice set. I agree they are sooo expensive, I want Coralista though too! even though I have a ton of peach blushes.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

Great review Justine! :) I'm quite light, but this blush wouldn't show up on me, it's too light! The swatches were very helpful ! ;)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with Stavroula, it doesn't show up on me either and my skin is an NW 05 in MAC, lighter than an NW 15. It's a waster of money, nothing special about it, I've tried to build it up, still didn't see it. It was like putting white chalk on my face lol, it was invisible.

Obsessed.Makup.Addict said... Best Blogger Tips

Dandelion is the one blush from them that I don't have. I regret buying some of my benefit blushes. My favourites are Dallas, and Coralista...the others i can live without.