Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Essie Cuddle with Color Fall 2009 Revisited Swatches and Review

One of my favourite collections from Essie has gotta be last year's 2009 "Cuddle with Color", which had some very nice, very fall-like, muted polishes. There were 6 polishes in this collection and I have 3 of them to show and review for you today. The bright pink and orange did not fit in this collection at all in my opinion and the dark blue has been done again and again, nothing new. I know this collection is from last year, but I still think these three colours are just as current now as they were then. These colours are quite drab, but at the same time mature, classy and trendy looking. What do you guys think?


essie angora cardi
Angora Cardi  is a muted, mauvey rose creme colour, it comes across more as a dirty dark purple with red undertones, it's hard to explain. This polish is one of Lollipop26's favourites and definitely one of mine. Unfortunately I could not capture this polish on camera at all, I tried different lighting, settings, took about 50 pictures of this one and they were all wrong! Sorry guys! The second one resembles it almost, but the top pic has too much flash and makes it look red, which it is not. This applies darker than the bottle appears.

essie chinchilly
Chinchilly is a cement light grey creme. China Glaze Recycle is very similar to this colour. It looks like it has a hint of olive green in it too. This is three coats, my bottle was pretty thick, but bearable. I think chinchillas are some of the coolest animals and love the name of this polish.

essie mink muffs
Mink Muffs is a muted chocolate brown colour, with a touch of taupe in darker lighting. If you have Orly's Prince Charming that one is very similar to this. It applies close to the bottle colour for me, but I only did two coats, which is all I think this one needs. I've read this one is a dupe for Chanel Particuliere, I don't have any Chanel polishes (I know I should!) so I can't compare them.

Did you get any polishes from this collection?

0 comments: