Wednesday, September 15, 2010

OPI: Swiss Collection Fall/Winter 2010 Swatches and Review

I had a really hard time getting into this collection when it first came out, mostly because it was summer and this is a fall/winter collection. I remember I first talked about OPI Swiss back in May..and no one cared, I've been looking at swatches all over the blogosphere since early July, I don't know how people get polishes so early. Anyways, I picked up three of the 12 polishes recently. The only ones that really appealed to me were the bluey-green shades, the three of them, Ski Teal We Drop, Cuckoo For This Color and Yodel Me On Your Cell. I knew that I wanted Ski Teal We Drop for sure, it seems like the winner of the bunch in my opinion and then I wanted to choose two more, I was standing in my Trade Secrets trying to decide. I don't know if they do this at every Trade Secrets but they let me paint a swatch on a piece of tape to see which one I like. I find it weird that they let you open new bottles of polish and try them out, I wouldn't want to buy a previously opened bottle.

Here are the swatches of the three that I picked up from this collection. Generally I was pretty "meh" about this collection. I like blues and greens so I picked though up, but I had application issues with 2/3 of the ones that I chose.

Ski Teal We Drop is a dark teal creme, this applied well in two coats. Definitely the standout from this collection, this is gorgeous, if you get one, get this.

Yodel Me On Your Cell is a bluey-green with blue shimmers. I love the name of this one, but not so much the application, this is quite hard to get opaque, it needs 3+ coats and my swatch above is horrible as it needs more coats than that. The colour is pretty, but since it has shimmers in it, it just doesn't translate well on the nail.

Cuckoo For This Color is an emerald green with shimmers. It takes several coats as well to get it opaque. I like greens, but am not crazy about emerald greens for this reason this just feels like goblin polish on me, I know some people love colours like this, maybe it just doesn't suit me.

Did you pick up any polishes from the OPI Swiss collection?

9 comments:

Patricia said... Best Blogger Tips

ski teal we drop looks amazing on you!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I picked up ski teal we drop and another color from this collection... can't remember the name right now

Crystalnextdoor said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree from the pics Ski Teal We Drop definitely looks very pretty but sophisticated too. Cuckoo For This Color would be great around the holiday season though :)

Laura Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

Such fall colors, but I feel like they've been done already!

makeuponmind.blogspot

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

Blue and green for this winter!!Love them!!!Great choise hun!!!
xxx

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

love ski teal we drop! i ordered myself one... your swatches always end in me spending money!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@bailey - really?I find my swatches pretty messy! glad you like them!

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I ordered Ski Teal We Drop today from Ebay hehehe!! I can't wait to get it! :) It looks so pretty!

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

yeah! i like being able to actually see the colour on a hand/nail and your skin tone is pretty close to mine (ie pale! lol)