Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cherry Culture Haul

I received my items from Cherry Culture recently. I ordered during their 20% off Labor Day sale. It took me two weeks to get my items, I am all the way in Canada, so it always takes me longer to get stuff in the mail. I have a variety of items and am pretty happy with everything.

NYX Round Lipglosses in Real Nude, Whipped, Peach and Apricot.

Real Nude is not a nude at all, which I knew based on some reviews, it's actually a purple colour. Whipped is a really nice colour that can go over nude lipsticks. Peach has lots of shimmer, not as much on the lips though and Apricot is a bit darker than Peach. I normally buy the Mega Shine glosses, but I thought I would try these out.

My first Milani blush Luminous, which is a golden pink that looks very similar to MAC's Springsheen. This applies very smoothly. I can't find Milani blushes around here in drugstores, so I have to order them online.

Milani Mai tai is a corally red blush. I was disappointed in how dark this was in person, based on reviews I thought this was a corally pink, I don't know if I can pull this off. 

NYX Peach is a matte, pale pink blush. Looks similar to Well Dressed by MAC. I don't think this looks peachy at all however, it looks slightly peach in the pan, but once swatched, more of a hot pink colour, which is pretty, but not what I was looking for. Damn you NYX!

NYX Concealer Jar in Light. I previously bought this in Porcelain and it was  very light, and despite being quite pale, I need a concealer that is a colour more like this one.

Milani HD Advance HD concealer in Light. This is the product that I was most excited to receive, it's packaging is really pretty a shiny heavy gold metal and the applicator is nice too. The colour is a good match for me, thank goodness as this only comes in 4 colours. 

And here is everything that I bought. You can tell that the NYX Concealer Jar is much more pink tone than the Milani HD Concealer.

Have you used any of these products? If you'd like full reviews on anything, please let me know! :)

17 comments:

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Great haul! I'd love to see a review on the Milani concealer please!

ndoodles said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice haul! You bought a lot of stuff I would've - like Mai Tai. I think since I am tanner I could probably pull it off easier. I really like NYX's blush in Terracotta but it is pretty shimmery.

xAgnes said... Best Blogger Tips

yay for hauls! :) i've always wanted to try NYX's lipglosses but i heard they have a strong cherry scent? is that true or im just reading wrong haha :p would also love a review on the milani HD concealer! Milani's quite hard to find over here.. although i think i mightve spotted just a few products in superstore.. haha weird place right? but im thinking of heading back to see if they stock some good products! :D

ectini said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the NYX round lipglosses, Whipped is my fav =] Those blushes are so pretty too. Will have to check those out! I'd love to see a review on the Milani HD Concealer!

marti said... Best Blogger Tips

great haul! I'd love to hear how you like the milani concealer.

I wanted NYX peach blush but i saw swatches and it definitely didn't look peach.. i always want anything with the name 'peach' in it.. even if it isn't peach at all! haha

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@xagnes - my superstone has some milani stuff too, but none of the items that I want unfortunately. The mega shine lipglosses have a cherry scent definitely, these ones not so much.

@marti - same here with he peach name, I have a ton of peach blushes.

Milani hd concealer review coming up once I use it for a little while. Thanks for all your inputs :)

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

NYX Peach looks so pretty!! Makes me mad because I used to have a bunch of NYX blushes but gave them away without fully giving them a try. =(

Eva said... Best Blogger Tips

GREAT haul that milani concealer looks awesome. I hope I can find one in my skin tone :)

xoxo,
eva

http://purrrty.blogspot.com/

Isabel said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooo.. I have the lipglosses in Whipped & Peach, Milani Luminous and NYX Peach (yeah, it's actually a light pink). I don't have the NYX concealer in a jar but I have the eyeshadow base which is pretty similar to it (actually I think it may actually be the same thing lol) and it's awesome! ^^ The Milani concealer looks very pretty.. <3

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips

I've got both Milani Luminous and Mai Tai - I use Luminous several times a week, but I'm not sure I've ever used Mai Tai. Like you, it's just a bit too dark for me. I've also got NYX Peach blush, and I do like it, but I prefer Natural.

I have a handful of the round lip glosses, including Real Nude. They're okay - pretty good for what you pay, I guess - but I prefer the Mega Shine.

I love the look of the Milani concealer - that's going on my Cherry Culture wishlist. :-)

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

cool! i want to know how the concealers turn out :)

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

i have milani luminous too :) its ok...ppl say its a dupe for nars orgasm but i think orgasm is much prettier and more pink. its a bit chalky when you compare it. i still enjoy it, i use it on top of NYC pink plaza blush stick.

and you can totally pull off the mai tai blush! i dont own it but i own bright blushes so just use it lightly and sparingly, dont let really bright colors put you off, they can be quite beautiful if you put the right amount of product on...

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

Lovely haul!
I like the colors!
Pinks & Nudes :)
You can't go wrong!

Thanks for sharing !!

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! You got some really nice stuff there! I love all your blush choices. I am looking forward to your review of the Milani HD concealer. I wish they sell Milani around here.

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

The Real Nude lipgloss looks so pretty! :) I have Luminous and it's such a pretty blush! I want to get Mai Tai too! :D

lemonjump said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi! im wondering how did u order these products? they have free shipping but only for US orders.. did u actually pay $10 for shipping? HELP!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@lemonjump - yes I paid about $10 for shipping to Canada, it's based on weight.