Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Sigma Makeup F25 SS138 Tapered Powder Brush

The F25 is Sigma Makeup's coolest brush in my opinion. It is very unique and I love having this in my collection. This brush is described on the Sigma website as "large domed brush with tapered tip. Ideal for application and blending of powder products, blush, and highlighter." It sells for $19 and is very similar to the MAC 138 (image below), which was a limited edition brush that retailed for $xx.. I don't even remember know how much it was because when I saw how much it was, I thought, hells no I am not buying that! Anyway, you can't get the MAC one anymore, only if they re-promote it in future collections, but you can get the Sigma one whenever and it's a fraction of the cost and it can be bought individually of course.



The bristles on this brush are shaped like an egg, or what others have called a tulip and it's exactly that. The F25 is like the momma of the F35, which is the highlighter brush (pictured above). The brush is tapered with a point at the top. I know the shape varies from one brush to the next, but mine came pretty pointy which I love. This brush can be used to apply powder, blush and contour. I use it primarily to apply contour because you can get the tip right in the hollow of your cheeks. Also, I know you can use a rolling motion with the side of the brush to apply blush seamlessly, I have yet to try that. This is one of my favourite face brushes, it is genius, definitely more of a professional brush.

On the first few washes, this brush did shed some hairs, as any brush would, that is to be expected. It has not shed any while using it however, thank goodness. I would suggest keeping the brush in its sleeve/brush guard when not using it (as pictured above) so that it retains its shape, especially after washing.

Do you have this brush?



4 comments:

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't own any Sigma brushes but I like the shape of that "egg-head" brush:)

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I own this brush and it's very unique indeed! And soooooo soft!! :)

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this brush! The MAC is actually $52 and is permanent.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@PoorCollegeStudent - you are right, it is permanent! for whatever reason I thought it was limited edition, you know how MAC makes everything they can limited to get people to buy it quickly. It's $62.50 on the canadian site.. eeeeek!!!