Friday, April 29, 2011

Review: MAC Ever Hip Vs MAC Jazzed Lipstick

MAC's Ever Hip lipstick is available now in the new Fashion Flower collection, it's a re-promote from the "Liberty of London" collection. I missed out on it the first time, so I made sure I picked it up this time. However, the entire time I was debating whether or not to get it, I was wondering how similar it was to MAC Jazzed, which I already own, so this will much be a comparison post of the two.


Ever Hip is a bright creamy coral, it's a cremesheen finish, which means it's super creamy and pigmented. This is a great colour for spring summer as corals are huge right now.

And here it is compared to Jazzed (on left) which is also a cremesheen finish and came out as part of the "In The Groove" collection last summer, click here to see my haul from that. Jazzed is visibly peachy orange, while Ever Hip is much more pink/coral toned. They do look different in the tube.

And swatched they look close, you can probably tell Jazzed is more orange and Ever Hip more pink, Ever Hip is brighter too, but that's when you are really looking for subtleness. On the lips, you can't tell a difference, at least I can't. And Ever Hip is not as pigmented as Jazzed is, I find Jazzed to be the superior lipstick here. So I fell silly having both, but I do love these types of colours and that's what made me buy it, and it made me break my 'no-buy' for the month, but it is the end of the month so there!

Would I recommend this product? If you missed out out on Ever Hip the first time and don't have Jazzed, definitely get it, it's beautiful. But if you have Jazzed like I do, only get it if you are a weird and like collecting similar products like I do.

15 comments:

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said... Best Blogger Tips

Ohhh I love Ever Hip. I want to get it but I really need to chill out with the lipstick buys unfortunately!!!

Ebru said... Best Blogger Tips

I guess I am now falling into the weird and collecting similar products junkie category lol I love your swatches :) My Ever Hip is currently on its way, I can't wait to receive it!

EllysMakeupbag said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the comparison. I have Jazzed and love it. Maybe i'll get that one too, even tho it is similar.

Sophie said... Best Blogger Tips

I prefer Ever Hip from your photos, but I don't have either and have never seen them in person before! xx

River said... Best Blogger Tips

They are quite similar by the look of it! I think I prefer Ever Hip though - it's a bit less orange.

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

I actually prefer Ever Hip over Jazzed. Jazzed was a bit lighter on my lips compared to EH. I think it really all depends on a person's natural lip color. If it's more pink, EH turns out bolder vs Jazzed. Either way, both are nice shades for the summer. Great comparison!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

This comparison was extremely helpful! I just purchased Ever Hip and I was thinking of piking up Jazzed in the next few weeks ... but they're just too similar!

Thanks for saving me some money :D
♥ Jessica

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

What a shame that you broke your no-buy for it and you can't even tell a difference on your lips between it and Jazzed! :( I don't have Jazzed, though, and I love Ever Hip!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

That Ever Hip colour looks great! I wonder if I can rock that colour? Is it available in stores now? I might just swing buy and pick it up tomorrow!!

Lilladylife said... Best Blogger Tips

im like u and need to collect simm products! heheheheh thanks for the review, i need to dig up my Jazzed! when i got it in the mail i thought the same thing

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tiffany - I know right? suckered into MAC yet again, I will be buying the magic cooling powders when they come out too. Oh well, I did good the entire month except for this one item.

@Mary Elizabeth - FashionFlower, the new MAC collection with Ever Hip is available now, it launched on Thursday I believe, it was bumped up though, it wasn't supposed to come out till May.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty! And perfect for spring!!! :)

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks SO much for the dupe, I was freaking out having missed ever hip but jazzed looks just as lovely. xo

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

I had wanted Jazzed when it came out but it sold out and I didn't get my hands on it. I did however just pick up Ever Hip so I can rest easily knowing that I got something very close and just as pretty! Thanks for the swatches and comparison.