Saturday, April 9, 2011

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

I love Revlon's Super Lustrous lipglosses, my favourite ones came out last spring/summer in the limited edition Daydreamer collection. I blogged about them back then, but, I think they are just as relevant this year as they were last. These colours are very pretty and remind me a bit of the colours in the MAC Quite Cute lip products that just came out. There were 5 colours in this collection, I have 4 here: Coral Reef, Lilac Pastelle, Peach Petal and Pink Pop.

These glosses are described as ""glossy formula combines sheer color and intense moisture with light-reflecting sphere to create amazing shine. SPF 15" on the Revlon website. I picked up Coral Reef recently, when they first came out I found them pretty hard to find, the displays were always sold out, but Revlon has made these permanent since, which is great. They are readily available now in most drugstores for around $8CAD, they are great to get on sale.

They come in pretty packaging with a doe foot applicator. Pictured above is Coral Reef, which is one of the more pigmented ones, I find Peach Petal and Lilac Pastelle to be more on the sheer side, good for layering over lipstick, the other two work great on their own. They are all creme finishes, no shimmer or glitter nonsense in these, so they are totally wearable on anyone.

And here are the swatches, I took lip swatches too but they were pretty bad, so I scrapped them. These swatches are quite true to life. Coral Reef is a bright orange coral, my favourite of the bunch. Lilac Pastelle looks a bit crazy in the tube, but is sheerer when applied and gives a nice purple lavender sheen. Peach Petal is a peach, close to my skin colour and nice for layering over nude lipstick. Pink Pop is my second favourite, it's a bright pink.

The pigmentation on these is very good, they aren't sticky at all, they're glossy, smooth and not drying on the lips. Many drugstore glosses fall short of providing enough colour and come out quite sheer, these ones are gorgeous. If you weren't able to pick these up last year, definitely check them out now. They remind me of MAC's cremesheen glosses.

Would I recommend this product? Yes for sure, they are beautiful and affordable, I would definitely recommend picking up Coral Reef and Pink Pop for the summer.

18 comments:

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE these glosses, totally recommend to everyone! Glad you like them too!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow those look great! such great shades for spring especially the coral reef and pink pop! Thanks for the review and swatches ;-)

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like I need to get Coral Reef!

Charlotte Pahline said... Best Blogger Tips

Great swatches! I am feeling the need for Coral Reef in a major way. I've been loving the Revlon Colorburst glosses too, have you tried them?

By the way, I just wanted to say that I LOVE the way your blog has evolved! I remember when I followed a link from an e.l.f. facebook post to a review you had done, it seems like ages ago!

You were one of my very first beauty bloggers that I followed and one of the reasons I've made a blog of my very own! So thrilled to see you doing so well, I always feel inspired when I see how far you've come!

:-)

Enough rambling...did I mention great swatches???

XO

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Charlotte - Thanks for the lovely comment! :) I have two of the revlon colorburst glosses, they are okay, but not crazy about how shimmery they are, I prefer these much more.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

coral reef n pink pop r super sexy..

Jenni said... Best Blogger Tips

pink pop and lilac pastel looks the best <3

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses! Thanks for the swatches!

These are one of my favs, and I love Coral Reef, especially for spring/summer!

TINA said... Best Blogger Tips

pink pop looks really pretty.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I passed on Pink Pop when it first came out (I thought it'd be too bright for me), but I may have to rethink that after seeing that swatch.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love these glosses! They are really great.

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Um, wait what? These are now permanent & easy to find in Canada? I must be a bad beauty blogger b/c I had no idea. I have the peach one & love it, I am going to scour out the rest!

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been on a lipgloss ban for over a year, simply because I own too many lol! Once I'm out of this ban I'm gonna get these, I own some of their "oldest" shades and they're amazing, my favorite lipglosses ever! :) x

MEOW said... Best Blogger Tips

coral reef is such a pretty color!! perfect for spring and summer :)

Ling @thebestbeautyblog said... Best Blogger Tips

The lilac gloss has caught my eye for sure

Cydonian said... Best Blogger Tips

I have lilac pastelle and looove it, it looks great over Viva Glam Gaga. I need Coral Reef!

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have all 4 of those colours also and they are my favourite lipglosses that I own.

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Peach petal is lovely. I have a massive obsession with everything nude so this is super attractive to me LOL