Monday, April 4, 2011

Monthly Faves: March 2011

I'd say I am excited for April to finally be here, because it means spring is almost here, but in Canada that is far from the case, February-May is basically all rain and miserable weather where I live. On a positive turn, I found several new products that I loved in the month of March. I find that monthly faves generally tend to be "new" products for me, I don't know if that's the case with most people, but most reached favourite type products do not change too much, but since I buy new products all the time, it means these are all new pickups.

1. Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner - I was tempted to buy the actual brand Moroccan Oil, but I don't tend to spend too much money on my hair so I opted for a cheaper alternative. Organix products are sulfate free and found in most major drugstores, I got mine at Walmart for about $8 a bottle. I love this product, it makes my hair smoother, less frizzy and overall feeling healthier. However, this month I am going to be using a lot of John Frieda products for blond hair, in the attempt to lighten the nastiness dark mess that Clairol Foam created on my hair.

2. Lush Eau Roma Water - Not much for Lush products myself, I heard someone on blogger or youtube mention this product was good for dry skin... so I picked it up. I spray it as a face spray before and after makeup, or I spray some on a cotton round and apply it as a toner.

3. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder - I love everything that I've ever picked up from Laura Mercier, the stuff is very good. I don't normally wear a setting powder since my skin is dry, but since I've been wearing lighter coverage foundation products lately I feel the need for it. I got this powder from KissandmakeupNY (also got the NARS blush from there too), they ship for free to Canada and the US.

4. NARS Gina blush - I did a full review of this earlier this month, it's the perfect matte peach, makes me want to get more NARS blushes for sure.

5. Hard Candy Fox in a Box Smooth Talker - A total dupe of Sugarbomb, but in my opinion more peach-toned, so a win for me. I ended up getting 2 more of these blushes after getting this one, it was that good. Full review of it here. 

6. MAC Margin - Another peach blush, honestly peach blushes is all I wear, I pretty much refuse to buy a blush in any other colour. Margin is a close dupe to NARS Luster, it's a peach but since it's a frost finish it doubles up as a highlight too since it gives a lovely gold sheen, just gorgeous.

7. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - This foundation is amazing, it feels light, but gives medium coverage, the prettier sister to the original Double Wear foundation. And I am so pleased to have found it in intensity 0.5 which is perfect for me. Will be doing full review soon.

8. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - I am loving this stuff too as I transition from more higher coverage thick foundations to lighter feeling ones for the spring/summer. I have it in Porcelain Ivory which is a great match. Will be doing full review soon.

What were your faves for March?

11 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Laura Mercier rocks! I just wish it wasn't so freakin' expensive!
Nice faves!! Can hardly wait for the review and swatch on that EL foundation, as I think it would be a good match for me.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Great favourites! I want to try a few of Laura Mercier's products. Although. I might buy the Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder, first.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

I've looked at that shampoo/conditioner duo at the stores and I think you've sold me on them! I find MorrocanOil is best for protecting against heat styling so if you don't heat-style too often, you can definitely do without it.

And I agree, Laura Mercier's products are top notch. Good picks!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy - It works very well for me, nc15, I wish Estee lauder would offer that shade to everyone, I think I got some japanese special shade, maybe they have lighter shades out there?

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

nice faves! I have yet to try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Yeah & the weather is kinda crappy here in Canada eh!

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

You have some great favorites girl!

I picked up Hard Candy Smooth Talker last month as well! I am enjoying it so far!

I want to try NARS Gina now! ;)

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I love LM products too. I was trying to remember Smooth Talker when I was at WalMart, I ended up getting Sweet & Spicy. Now I need to trundle back and get that for sure! Very curious to smell that shampoo and conditioner set too :)

Obsessed.Makup.Addict said... Best Blogger Tips

If you're looking at more Nars Blushes def look at Sin, it's my top 3 fav blushes of all time!

Also, I was at walmart the other day and looked over the hard candy section, but after looking at some of your review I kinda want to go back...but at the same time I'm not the biggest fan of my sugarbomb...or maybe I am..haha wow I'm confused and rambling on your blog.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Sally Beauty has a few morrocan oil brands that are quite nice..The one with the dark brown label smells wonderful as well (can't remember the name)

makeupjelena said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice post, i must try double wear light. :-)

bittersweet delite said... Best Blogger Tips

Great faves. I really want to try the LM loose powder as soon as I'm done with my MUFE powder. I haven't tryied any nars blushes yet because they all look so shimmery but your description of Gina sounds perfect for me! I might have to try it out