Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My First Loose Button Luxe Box

I got my first ever Luxe Box from Loose Button today! If you're not familiar with Loose Button, basically for $9.95 a month subscription, you get an assortment of 3-5 deluxe samples of makeup, skincare, haircare and fragrances delivered to you in a pretty box, you don't know what the contents will be, and they will change month to month. You can read all about it here on Loose Button's website. Currently, they are only taking orders for those in Canada, but are planning on expanding to the US. Luxebox is much like Birchbox in the US, but with Loose Button, Canadians can order it too, which is great. It's invite only at the moment, but you can get placed on the waiting list and get put on the list for the next shipment, it took me 3 days to get accepted.

Part of the fun in getting the Luxebox is the anticipation of it arriving in the mail. I got a shipping notice yesterday and then another notice that it arrived. The Luxebox packaging is slightly larger than my mailbox, and the delivery person decided to jam it in their good, so I had quite the time trying to finagle it out of the small opening. Hence why my box is a bit knocked up on the top right in the above picture. The packaging itself is very nice and chic, the box is like a shoebox quality with black ribbon around it. Inside my items were wrapped in a green tissue and with another ribbon, I like that they put time into making it look pretty for us!

Inside you will receive a breakdown of all the products included in your Luxebox, complete with directions on how to use it, if it's a product or brand that you've never used before, this is very helpful.

Then here are the product that I got, there were 5 in total and a small chocolate bar too, also there was a yellow plastic flower pin in mine.

The items in my luxebox included:
- Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black 4g
- Principessa Ultimate Softening Shampoo and Ultra Hydrating Conditioner 15ml each
- Elizabeth Grant Biocollasis Complex Advanced Cellular Age Defense 60ml
- Elizabeth Grant Lubricating Body Treatment 25ml

The only product that I was familiar with in this Luxebox was the Clinique High Impact mascara, which I have used before and often get in gift with purchase sets. The other items are all skincare and hair, I am excited to try them out. I really like the size of the items, they aren't the tiny ones that you get sometimes as samples, they are quite substantial.  I also like the pink containers on the shampoos, I have a feeling that I am going to keep and reuse those.

Would I recommend this product? All in all, I am pleased with my Luxebox, I only ordered one month for now, just to get a feel of whether I like it and want to continue with it. They have some great upcoming brands on their website and I hope they mix it up a bit in their next shipments. I think I will order another one though, I am curious to see what the next one brings. If you're in Canada, definitely give Luxebox a try!

update: If you are researching whether or not to order the Luxebox, I have not ordered another one since, I kept looking at what came in them and decided it wasn't worth the $10, great concept, but products are lacking in my opinion. 

Have you ordered a Luxebox yet? What did you get in yours?

13 comments:

мσитѕєяgιяℓ ❥ said... Best Blogger Tips

oooo nice!! I was wondering how these were! I am in love with Birch box but no Canadian shipping (damn them!) so i debated this but wasn't sure... I like the box,maybe just maybe you convinced me to order a month to check it out too! =)

Wendy Banner said... Best Blogger Tips

That's awesome that we finally have a version of the Birch Box company! I may just have to look into this. :) Hope you like the products!

Christiana said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so exciting! Once I'm finished P10P I'll definitely be ordering one. I still wish Birchbox would ship to Canada, though.

Tania said... Best Blogger Tips

I love how they make it so luxe, it's like getting a present every month!

I'm thinking about getting Birchbox, we'll see.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Those seem like really big samples! I'd totally save those pink containers too - they're so cute. Do you like the Clinique mascara?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tiffany - Ya the mascara is pretty good, I've used it before and reviewed it, so it's nice to a backup.

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh looks like you have some great goodies to try out! I am getting my first Birchbox any day now and I am so excited about it. What a great and inexpensive way to try new stuff! Can't wait to hear how you end up liking these items.

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

*jealous* I wan't home when mine came! I have to go pick it up tomorrow.

I haven't looked at your post yet, I don't know if I want to know now or be surprised when I get mine... :D

Melody said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks so much for this! I was so sad when I found out birch box wasn't available in Canada. yay! =D

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so excited for you Justine! I hope Loose Button starts shipping to the US soon! I am already on their waiting list for when they open the program to the US!!! Looks like you got a great box with some nice sized samples!!! Looking forward to see what you get each month! :) xoxo!

JW said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow! Like birchbox but for Canadians!? YAYY!
I put your blog website down for whoever referred me, I don't know if it'll help any way but maybe?! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay! You got it!!!

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks very interesting, even though a lot of bloggers seem to be disappointed by it )=