Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: Physicians Formula Jumbo Lash Mascara

The Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara is the first mascara that I have used from Physicians Formula, I don't think they have many mascaras, in fact this is the first that I've noticed from them. This product had a "full rebate offer" on it, meaning that if you send in the rebate, you can get all your money back and try it out for free, so I couldn't say no to this! I paid around $8CAD for it, it was during a 40% off sale, normally it's quite expensive for a drugstore mascara.

The packaging on this is totally cool, it's a shiny green colour shaped like a leaf. It makes you think of nature, which is appropriate since this mascara is part of their "Organic Wear" line. This mascara is made of 100% natural origin, it's free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, fibres and dyes. And it promises to give "big, dramatic, thick lashes". Well on the box for this, the girl in the picture is most definitely wearing lash inserts, you can't be fooled that you will get results like that, but I think what this mascara does do is something special for sure. This is also the first "green" mascara that I have used, it would be a good bet for those with sensitive eyes.

The wand is pretty massive, it has plastic bristles which are quite flexible, as is the wand. I have this in the colour "Black". It's not waterproof, this was actually the only type that I saw in my store. The packaging is a bit bulky, but I find it cute and different.

As you can tell compared to Lash Blast Fusion (second wand), this wand  is even LARGER! Which is crazy since Cover Girl Lash Blast is quite massive already. This jumbo brush definitely gets some getting used to, if you have small eyes you may have issues. I find I get it all over the place if I am not careful, but the advantage is you can cover a lot of area at once, so it's quicker to apply. The brush design is similar to that of Lash Blast though with the spikes, and it doesn't come to a point on the applicator either.

Here is my bare eye and then with a coat of this mascara, the difference is huge. It definitely makes my lashes look fuller, definitely darker and longer. Separation and definition was great too. And although I normally go for waterpoof mascaras (because they hold my curl better) this mascara does a fantastic job with that, even though it's not waterpoof.  It doesn't get crispy if you apply too much. But you don't need a lot of us to get nice results.

My only gripe is that it leaves transfer on my top lids, which is something that I struggle with when I begin using a new mascara. As you can tell I don't even coat my lashes all the way to the base, so I am wondering why it does this. All it takes is a q-tip to remove this though. It didn't flake on me. I didn't find the formula to be all that difficult to remove, I use my Neutrogena Eye Makeup remover (staple) and it came off with no problem like any other mascara.

Would I recommend this product? Definitely would, this is a great mascara, I would suggest giving it a try. And look out for those rebate forms, there is a pink sticker right on he box.

12 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

great review , thanks

♥beauxs mom said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a sucker for cute packaging so I would so want this for the cute leaf, and I know who are they kidding all the mascara adds have falsies how dumb do they think we r huh? I find it so funny! Great review i think i might get this can't beat free.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

never seen this before but the brush reminds me of the one from cover girl lash blast. The packaging is super cute and it seems to lengthen your lashes pretty nicely!

CrystalLuvz said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this mascara too and I love it!!! Plus, it was "free" due to the "try me for free" rebate on the box! ^^

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I get transfer on my lids from every mascara. Luckily I usually wear my liner thick enough that you can't notice, however if I do a no liner look I have to do the qtip thing:)

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always seen this product and passed it right up, but I think I might have to give it a try when I'm in the market for a new mascara! The packaging makes me think of a cute caterpillar :)

♥ Jessica

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always been fascinated by the packaging but I'm very picky about my mascaras now. How long did it wear on you?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jessica - "cute caterpillar" I love it.. haha.

@Liz - It wore the entire time I had it on, didn't see it change or anything.

мσитѕєяgιяℓ ❥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow that really worked well for you! Your lashes look crazy long! I just bought it too but it didn't work as well for me •\ but I do love the packaging too

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow! That is a HUGE difference. Definitely going to add this on my list of things to try. Thanks for sharing this, it makes your eyelashes look so long!

Miss ♥ Nikka said... Best Blogger Tips

Im going to try out this mascar! I loved maybelline lash blast. Thanks for the review. I love your blog girl! :) <3

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks great!!! I have eyed this but never purchased. Love the look of the brush head on the wand. :)