Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette

Yesterday, I reviewed the Wet N Wild palette in Petal Pusher, and today it's time for Comfort Zone. Like the name, I think these are shades that what most people would be comfortable wearing, they are neutrals and greens. I like purples too, but I tend to steer more towards browns personally. This palette is hands down my favourite Wet N Wild palette that I own, this includes my 3 pan palettes too, it's super pigmented and the shadows are all buttery smooth. I can't find a fault in this palette at all. These 8 pan palettes are not valid in Canada yet, which is a shame, but hopefully they will become available soon. I got this palette as part of a swap.

A closer look at the palette, it comes with 8 beautiful colours. The left side is more browns and neutrals and the right has greens. As with all Wet N Wild palettes, I like that they label where to put each shadow on your eye, of course you are free to mix and match this too, if you want to get more adventurous, there are no rules to makeup after all.

Here is the left side, all super pigmented, even the browbone colours are great (something I've noticed has been lacking with some Wet N Wild shadows). The eyelid colour, second from the bottom is a like a more pigmented MAC All That Glitters.

And the right side, I love the "definer' shade in here, it's very close to MAC's Club, it's a reddy brown with green sheen.
And here they are swatched on my hand, as you can tell these colours are gorgeous! I find with the Club dupe I have to add two layers for it to pick up the green, on one layer it just looks like a red brown, but that's not an issue at all. I've worn this palette everyday since I got it, and I can tell it will get a lot of use.

Would I recommend this product? Most definitely, it's my favourite Wet N Wild palette. It definitely is as good if not better than the high-end shadows that I have.

18 comments:

Irene Blushing Loves said... Best Blogger Tips

This one looks so pigmented and wow gorgeous eyeshadows in it!!Thanks for the review doll!!

xxx

Jacdami Minaya said... Best Blogger Tips

lovee this palette! :)
I think you should do a makeup collection and storage post! :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jacdami - I am probably the last person who's storage you'd want to see, I have stuff everywhere, in the closet, in drawers, in the bathroom. I moved into a new apartment around 5 months ago and still haven't worked out where I want to put everything nor have I bought a vanity yet! makeup collection, I have too much haha. But I promise I will in the future. :)

The Rhapsode said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm going to go check your review on Petal Pusher, I have that along with the blue one. Anyways I kind of want to get this one too but feel like it might be redundant with the Urban Decay Naked Palette; trying to ban myself from buying neutral eye colors.

Also, although I live in America I wish makeup lines here would expand into other countries, the market seems to be huge and especially in the case of Canada, it's so close! It would make a lot of people happy, too.

Iria Pita said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG!! It reminds me of one of the NYX 10 colour palettes and plus, it has a nice Club and Label Whore dupe!!!!!!! :D:D it's amazing!! (I think I need it... :P) xx

VampiressDoll said... Best Blogger Tips

Ah, some nice colours. I still can't believe WnW pulled out of the UK. :( x

beauty ∞ infinitum said... Best Blogger Tips

Please bring this to Canada, Wet n Wild!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Agreed! This is a great WnW Palette! The pigmentation and selection of shadows is just amazing. I think I will use mine today! :) great post!!!

R.ChamberofBeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

sooo pretty palette..every shade is amazing.

Phoebe said... Best Blogger Tips

It's actually so rare to find a pallette that all the shades are pigmented- Why oh why is this not available in the UK?!! >:'( xxx

Annick said... Best Blogger Tips

Really wish these were available in Canada! I'd definitely use these for travelling especially. Love this palette!

Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful palette! I love neutrals :)

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Those colours look amazing! I want it :D

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

Maybe I'm a makeup snob but I'm not feeling the WnW line at all. (But I can still like Rimmel - weird.) Maybe I'll cave one day. :)

kaizokumousy said... Best Blogger Tips

wow gosh those are really nice colors!!!I wonder when can I have this kind of palette

FunnyFaceBeauty said... Best Blogger Tips

I had to have my parents pick up 2 of these palettes and a fellow blogger sent me another one. I dont know why we don't get them in Canada. The colours are amazing and the pigmentation is great! Great review.
xx
Alicia

Annie Dong said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful! Wet N Wild has really stepped up their game since when I was in high school. ;) Definitely can't go wrong with these colors, but I wish there were more mattes. Matte's are more difficult to get right though.

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this palette - I received it recently in a swap & have been using it regularly!