Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette

It's always great to have friends in other parts of the world, because they can send you makeup goodies! I recently got a package from Stephanie of Imperfectly Painted (check out her blog if you haven't already!) as part of a swap that we did. Since we don't have the Wet N Wild 8 pan Color Icon eyeshadow palettes in Canada yet, she was gracious enough to send me two of them! Which I was so excited about since I don't know when we are getting them in Canada, and everyone is talking about them, I felt so out of the loop. But now I have them, thanks again Stephanie!

Today I will review for you Petal Pusher, she also sent me Comfort Zone and the Hard Candy Glamoflague, all will be reviewed this week. Petal Pusher is the purple 8 pan palette, it's great if you like purple looks, it comes with really pretty colours. I find the ones on the left are lighter and less pigmented than the right side however. So what's up with the missing pan? Since these palettes are quite cheaply made, they are very brittle and in the shipment the bottom left pan cracked and broke all over the palette. I have enough to swatch here, but it wasn't worth pressing, so I just cleaned it out.

Here are the 4 left colours on my fingers, the top white colour is quite chalky and probably the worst of the palette, the pink is really nice, the purple/lavendar is one of my favourite. The one that didn't make it.. is quite shimmery and fallouty.

The right side is definitely the winner, much more pigmented, smoother and darker tones. The top pink is a pale shiny pink, the second down looks a lot like MAC Trax, a medium purple with gold running through it. The bottom right are very dark, and blackened purple, much like MAC Beauty Marked and shimmery black silver flecks (like Black Tied). I find the bottom right are so pigmented they are verging on staining the eyelids, and are quite hard to take off in swatches even, they would be really nice for crease colours.

And here they are swatched on my hand. My favourites are definitely the third purple from the left side (3rd on the top row here) and the second on the right side (2nd on bottom row here).

Would I recommend this product? Yes. if you can get your hands on the 8 pan palettes, and haven't already definitely pick them up. Very affordable and great products.

7 comments:

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Wish they were selling wet n wild in Belgium. These palettes look LUSH! x

River said... Best Blogger Tips

I love purple eyeshadows. These look lovely!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Really pretty!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine! I am so glad that you finally got your hands on these great palettes!!! :) I love them all, but totally find that I reach for petal pusher the most as I just love the shades. I agree that pink is so pretty in that one. I like the greens in the Comfort zone palette as well. Great quality shadows...but, yes, they are fragile (especially when shipping). I dropped one and had to replace it as almost everything shattered. Great post! I look forward to the rest of your reviews!!!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Lucky girl to get your hands on these. I still haven't seen the Silent Treatment trio anywhere either, I just don't understand what the hold up is :(

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips

those colors in the palette are gorgeous :) thanks for sharing.

The Rhapsode said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this palette, and another Wet n Wild eight pan. It's weird, but both of them are more pigmented and of better quality on the right side. I do wish they were of more consistent quality, but at this price point I can't really complain. Wet'n'Wild has REALLY upped their game since I was in high school.