Thursday, April 14, 2011

Review: Hard Candy Truth Or Dare Fox in A Box Blush

Today I will be reviewing the final Hard Candy Fox in a box blush that's in my collection, Truth or Dare. I have reviewed Smooth Talker and Skinny Dipping previously, click on the links here to check out those reviews individually. I am a fan of Hard Candy products, they are cheap and quite good quality and many would say they are dupes of more expensive products, so it's a good option for many of us who are on a budget.

Truth or Dare is said to be a lot like Benefit's 10 blush, which I don't own. It comes in the standard Fox in a Box plastic box, with the cute brush that no one will use. These retail for $6 and can be found at Walmart.

This is a duo blush, meaning there are two sides of colour to it. On the left you get a warm bronzey gold, and on the right a light pink. Like some of the other duo blushes the bronzey side looks like it could be a bronzer, but don't make that mistake, it's definitely not, it's a blush, too shimmery to be used as bronzer in my opinion.

Swatched here on my fingers you will notice how gold toned the bronze side is, while the pink side looks pigmented on my finger, but when applied to the skin it takes a lot of work to show up.


And here is it on my hand, you can see the pink side barely shows up on my NC15 skin. I bronze side is pretty though. I found this boxed powder to be the least pigmented out of the 3 that I own.


And another thing that I noticed that my pan was not in the packaging straight. Notice how it tips to one side? I am holding the powder straight here. This is just a quality control issue, based on the price you pay for this, I don't think you can expect it to be perfect, but I definitely noticed it right away.

Would I recommend this? Nah, I would suggest Skinny Dipping or Smooth Talker, both of which have better pigmentation than this blush.

7 comments:

Khadija said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the review. If this one is less pigmented than smooth talker woah. I picked it up and it doesn't even show up on my cheeks. Is Skinny Dipping the most pigmented out of the three?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@khadija - I would say skinny dipping is the most pigmented yes. These are super pigmented in general, I gotta swipe them a bunch of times, but the orange is intense in skinny dipping.

TINA said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm loving all the box blushes you've been reviewing, thanks for the swatches!

AnNeTtEe said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so tempted to get the 2 you are recommending... the packaging reminds me so much of benefit's blushes... ahhh... someone stop me!! LOL..

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Skinny dipping is way more attractive than this set of blushes indeed.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the one by benefit and this one looks a tiny bit different: the pink side on the Benefit one is like a pearl/white pink and the bronzy side is a tiny bit darker. I think I much prefer this one actually.
X

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

Great Review!

I was going to pick this one up, but I think I'll pass. I need to cool it on the blushes anyway.