Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Essie French Affair Spring 2011 Swatches and Review

Essie's latest collection is "French Affair", it came with 6 new polishes. These polishes are soft, pastel-like, delicate colours, with the exception of "Coat Azure" which is a blue with shimmers. If you like pastel colours this may be the collection for you, definitely spring-like.


I picked up the mini cube from this collection, something I've been doing for the last few collections. Mini cubes are great because they are cheaper and you get to sample a couple of the colours in the collection, it also means more swatches for this blog too. I also got Sand Tropez in full size because it didn't come in the cube and I loved the colour, and passed on Kisses and Bises because it looked really sheer. I purchase my Essie mini cubes from either NailEtc or Cosmetic Boutique on Amazon.com, the shipping to Canada is decent and I get them for free with gift cards from Swagbucks. I have yet to get an Essie bottle with the new L'oreal packaging, and hopefully I won't have to for a long, long time, not a fan of it.

"Nice Is Nice" is a blue toned pastel purple creme. This was two coats, no topcoat in any of these pictures.
I love purple polishes like this, I can never have enough.

"French Affair" is a pastel bubblegum pink creme, maybe similar to OPI's Mod About You (which looks slightly lighter in swatches online).

"Coat Azure" is a sky blue with silver shimmers, I found this one the hardest to apply, perhaps because the finish is different than the rest.

"Topless and Barefoot" is a fantastic nude and a great name for a polish, it makes my hands look tanner, if that is possible. It has peach or beige undertones to it, so it's not a straight up mannequin hands or brown nude. This is two coats as well. I think the must-haves from this collection are definitely this one or "Sand Tropez".

"Sand Tropez" is my favourite polish from this collection so I purchased it in full size. It's a grey nude. Please excuse my dry hands in these pictures, after doing so many swatches my hands look pretty rough, especially since they are quite dry to begin with. After getting this one, I am all about getting more nudes like this, if you guys have any suggestions please let me know of any.

Did you pick up any polishes from Essie French Affair?

14 comments:

мσитѕєяgιяℓ ❥ said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the colors absolutely beautiful!!

Ella Pretty Blog said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous shades...my fave is Topless and Barefoot...and I'm also ALWAYS sucked in by purple polishes - Nice is Nice looks so lovely on you!

It's great to get minis...I've yet to finish a bottle of nailpolish!

for the love of beauty by lara said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for the swatches

:) the minis are sooooo cute ^^

my fave is the Topless and Barefoot

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Topless and barefoot is gorgeous. "makes me hands look tanner" ? I NEED IT

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Marilou - ya I think it kinda does, I am quite pale, so it helps! :)

Cydonian said... Best Blogger Tips

Coat Azure is really pretty!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, I'm loving "Nice is Nice" and "French Affair" so girly :)

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said... Best Blogger Tips

You've been getting a lot of nail polish lately! :)

I like looking at them, but like I said about pastels, not hugely into them. They're lovely colours, though.

xx

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Liz - I am getting new nail polishes on an on-going basis lol, I just don't blog it much cause I dislike my swatches! ;)

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I love topless and barefoot, I'll have to pick that one up for sure!

Michelle @Lipstickrules said... Best Blogger Tips

Topless and Barefoot has been sold out at my Trade Secrets. I should look for this set -- love it all!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

I love topless & barefoot, I'm such a nude fan and I think I need to get this set :)

JJ said... Best Blogger Tips

....whats with your nails?
they look weird

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@JJ - how do they look weird?