Monday, February 14, 2011

Review: Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller

I was not a fan of the original Garnier Anti-puff roller, but I thought I would give this product one more chance. The "new" Garnier Sin Renew Anti-dark circle roller is meant as an eyecare and concealer in one. It's recommended for all skin tones, and claims to "instantly reduce the look of dark circles and brighten". This comes just like the original but with colour to aid in concealing. It comes in two shades, I've only seen the light version in stores here, that's the one I got. It's quite pricey for a drugstore product, mine was about $16 CAD on sale.

Here is the applicator, it's the same as the original, a metal ball that dispenses product as you glide it on your skin. It feels nice and cooling, just like the original. The caffeine gel formula is supposed to energize and stimulate microcirculation. The formula has lemon essences to brighten and mineral pigments to instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles. Instantly it's meant to reduce dark circles and shadows and in one week eyes look brighter. I know dark circles is something that women often complain about, they makes you look older and tired, and no one wants that, there is definitely a market for products such as this, but often times they leave us underwhelmed, this product unfortunately again, does this for me.

Here is my undereye area with nothing applied. My darkness isn't terrible, but I do have some purple-blue lines underneath which I dislike.

Then here I have applied the anti-circle roller liberally under the eyes, I find it difficult to control how much you put on. The rolling action feels nice and you want to put on more than you probably should. Also notice how yellow the concealer is, and how dark, I feel it is too dark for my fair skin, and I doubt this colour would universally work on everyone. Also, yellow is okay for concealing, but salmon/pink tones work better at correcting.

And here it is after the product has been blended in, I use a rolling and tapping motion to place it. You can tell the difference is very subtle. From the first picture to the last you can see slight concealment (is that a word?) of that purple/blue area. However, I wouldn't want to wear this on it's own since it does make my undereye area look yellow and darker than the rest of my face. I usually put concealer on under my makeup so this isn't an issue for me, but it would be better if it did blend nicer into the skin.

I think if you are interested in this Garnier eye roller stuff, you should definitely get this one instead of the original because this one doubles up with the cooling action and some concealing properties. But don't expect for your undereye bags and darkness to be concealed completely with this, if you have major issues under there I wouldn't suggest this product. Maybe with continued use for a week the results would be better, but the immediate results do not wow me.

Have you tried the Garnier Anti-circle roller? What did you think?

10 comments:

Erie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to drop that amount of money for this. You've helped me make up my mind. Thanks!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Really interesting! I never got a chance to try the original one, but this one is really unique :p Never seen anything else like it!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this one, and I just don't get it... If you want to get the cooling motion you end up with way too much concealer. Too much to blend in nicely. And I have a yellow skin tone. So I just roll it once of twice, which supplies enough concealer (light covering) but of course makes the whole cooling de-puffing caffeine super secret ingredients whatever useless. I guess that is why version 1 would work better. I'm not going to buy it again, but for now it is an easy bring along concealer in my purse.

Tracy @BeautyReflections said... Best Blogger Tips

I find it works as a kind of primer-I don't need to use much concealer after I use it. I can actually just use it and nothing else, but I don't have really dark circles. If I use too heavy of a concealer I get milia.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy - That happens with me when I use heavy eye creams, I always break out underneath or get milia, it sucks that stuff lingers for a while.

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

just from your answers above I never knew that's what caused milia, i don't get it that often but good to know, I sometimes tend to slap on too much concealer.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The other one (green one) was so bad... ugh don't even wanna think about the money I wasted, but at least it was on sale!

xx The Little Dust Princess

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your reviews. :)
And awesome results, I can see a big difference in first and second pic!

Stevista said... Best Blogger Tips

How disappointing :( Thanks for the review sweetie :) x

Ezzy said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree the previous green roll on was horrible.
I have extreme problem of dark circles so I guess this wouldn't help me either :(