Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clinique The Bay Gift With Purchase

It's Clinique gift with purchase time at The Bay starting today, February 9-27, 2011 and I wasted no time picking mine up. With any Clinique purchase of $26.50 or more you get this 7 piece set for free. I admit I only buy Clinique when they have these free offers on. A foundation will set you back around $30, so it's a good choice.



Here is a close up of the makeup bag that you get, it has a flap over the top, and then a zipper, white inside, pretty roomy. I like these bags for travel and for keeping my daily makeup in the bathroom. It's a pretty orange, yellow, pink flower print.

And here are the 6 other items that you get. The item that I am most excited about is the Even Better Skin Tone Correcting moisturizer (on left), the blush is in a cute compact (with mirror) but isn't really my colour, and the rinse off cleanser I already have from the last Clinique gwp. The lipstick is always an ugly colour that comes with these sets in my opinion. The quickliner is in dark chocolate, which is a nice dark brown. The mascara seems okay too, it's the lash doubling one. I am surprised there was no dramatically different lotion in this set cause they love putting that in.

Some swatches of the lipstick, blush and quickliner here. I may give the two items away and keep the liner cause it's nice.

The foundation that I picked up was Even Better, I liked the coverage of this and that it's meant to even and correct skintone. However, the Clinique girl had problems finding the right match for me. They didn't have the lightest shade in this foundation, (of course) and so I picked up 02 Fair, which in my opinion is NOT that fair at all. She applied it all over my face and went I went home I looked like an oompa loompa, so this one is going back and I am getting 01 if they have it.

I also went to Sephora today and returned the Laura Mercier silk creme and exchanged for some goodies. I felt bad because I did like it, but Cream Ivory was far too dark for me.

Have you tried Clinique's Even Better foundation?

11 comments:

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

i saw this on your freebie website ^^ I'm gonna get a chubby clinique lip stick thing but idk what else to get to add up to 26.50.. any suggestions? I love the print of the pouch it's great for spring! And a heads up to put on CDD. You can get full rebates on Physician's formula mascara and eye booster mascara. I posted about but I wanted to let you know:

http://cinnabunnie.blogspot.com/2011/02/free-makeup-physicians-formula-eyeliner.html?showComment=1297298954123#c2060824188864223753

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Cinnabunnie - Ya just checked out your blog post about that thanks. Umm..not sure what else to get, I've only ever bought foundations from Clinique, you can check on the bay website, they've got all the items and prices listed.

Kar Yi said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha, I only buy Clinique when they have a gift with purchase too! Last year I bought the Moisture Sheer Tint and got a bunch of freebies including that same Even Better moisturizer (which I'm using right now). To be honest I don't like it much since it's like a regular sunscreen to me and that's why the tiny sample jar has lasted me so long (I use it on and off). Last year my favorite item from the GWP was the eyeshadow duo in Strawberry Fudge. It's gorgeousss :) Hope you enjoy your freebies and that you get the correct shade in the foundation!

Jamie Dorman said... Best Blogger Tips

I Love clinique! I never buy it b/c I don't live near a dept. store so I can't get the GWP. I like what you got! I can't wait to try the new tinted moisturizer they are coming out with.

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm going to a Clinique counter sometime this week with my mom since she needs something and I of course want something.
I've read that Clinique is coming out with a new Moisture Surge Tinted Moisture in April... I'm not sure if I should try out a Clinique foundation now or wait for the new TM. I hate how these GWP's always lure me in T___T

Jenni said... Best Blogger Tips

what a great GWP! i wish clinique counters in my country would do the same, lol

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ashley - I love moisture surge (got it in another gwp) so a tinted moisture with that texture would be awesome. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea it was coming out.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said... Best Blogger Tips

After browsing the Bay's site for ideas, I decided to pass this time as I don't see me using much of the stuff in the GWP. It seems it happens everytime you go that they can't find your shade, sucks eh?

Don't know if you know, but if you call the store and pre-order the day before the GWP starts, they add 1 more free item in the GWP :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Halifax - clinique never has my colour in stock, I remember complaining about this last time sears had a GWP on. I should of just ordered online, since The Bay ships now.. but I wanted to try it out in the store etc, now it's a hassle to have to exchange it, oh well, the price we pay for beauty. ;)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey:) I was wondering ...Did you get these from square one? Im planning to go there. :D

and your 'kichten counter' looks so familiar to the one of my condo omg:D Kariya drive?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Anonymous - The clinique items were from The Bay on Queen st at The Eaton Centre. The kitchen counter marble is probably used in a lot of condo's since it's brand new. :) That's not my street though.