Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: Too Faced Glamour To Go 2 Palette

The Too Faced Glamour to Go II palette is the second installment of Too Faced's compact eyeshadow, lipgloss and blush pocket palette. This is the updated version of the first Glamour To Go palette and sells at Sephora (and other retailers that sell Too Faced) for $19.50US. Since this palette, there has been a Part III and recently a "Fairy Edition". I got this from a relative a few Christmases ago, I found it recently and decided it was worth a review.

I like the packaging of this, it's small and compact, when closed it fits in the palm of my hand. I wouldn't want to carry this around in my pocket that's for sure. This palette gets you 8 eyeshadows, 4 lipglosses and one blush. The lip/blush section is a hidden compartment that pulls out from underneath the shadows. Honestly, the best thing about this palette is the blush, it's a pretty pigmented peachy pink. And I hate when lipglosses are packaged like that, in fact I didn't touch the lipglosses until I took the swatches for this review (after this picture was taken).

Here are the swatches of the eyeshadows, the choice of colours is really weird in my opinion, you get a lot of green tones. All the shadows have shimmers, but nothing obnoxious and once applied you don't really notice it. But I found the pigmentation of these was not very good, I had to swatch multiple times on many of these to get adequate colour payoff. The lighter shadows especially aren't very good quality. And the shadows had a funky smell too, like really cheap eyeshadows.

Then you have the 4 lipglosses and the blush here. The lipgloss part in the palette looks pretty gross once you've swatched it I gotta say. I know you can use a brush to apply these, but I'd rather just have lipgloss in the old fashioned way, in a tube. The glosses are very sticky and gross, and something that a little kid would play with, not a grown up, and not so 'glamourous' at all. I like the blush here, it's pretty nice.

Overall, not crazy about this palette, wouldn't recommend it. Not a huge fan of the shadows in this and although it's nice that it's compact and small, I think that's all it has going for it. I don't (and haven't) reached for this palette at all in my collection.
What do you think of this palette?

9 comments:

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

I have the exact thought on the lipgloss. I hate lipgloss which are packaged like that. I rather they add in a couple more blushes/bronzer. The colors look really pretty in the palette though. Too bad that the payoff is bad..

xx

Jenni said... Best Blogger Tips

i love eyeshadow palettes but the idea of lipglosses/lipsticks in the palette turns me off, the powder from the e/s would spill over to the lippies section somehow :/

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the swatches. It looks like the colors are somewhat sheer. I think a NYX palette might be a better deal?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jennifer - the lip part pops out, you can hide it if you want, so no issue with eyeshadow fallout getting in there.

@Kristie - NYX eyeshadows are the bomb.

Tracy@BeautyReflections said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I got this as a Beauty Insider gift and hated it too. Never used it.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Too bad, the colors looked really pretty in the palette. Especially the green all the way in the right corner. But thanks for swatching! Always good to know you can't go by name alone!

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

So disappointing, those shadows especially! I find if you love the shadows you can overlook the annoying boxed glosses :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I like all the eyeshadow colours and lip colours but lip palettes are so annoying to use. wish they'll have more blushes instead. thanks for the swatches!

Lovera | Your Way to Radiant and Beautiful Skin said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing=) I love the light one.